Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse - Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

okonski

Hi all,

this is my first post here. Thank you all for giving good advices and trying to make FF4 playable on dolphin!

I read all posts of this thread and tried many, many versions of dolphin with a lot of different options, but still FF4 isnt running good on my computer.

System information:

Windows Vista 32 bit
Intel Dual Core Quad 2,66 Ghz
4GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce 9500GS

I really dont know whats the best setting for dolphin to run FF4. Main problem is that the FPS rate starts with 30, but when i am playing the game it slows down to 5-20 FPS. The fightscenes with a ghost are very laggy and when i press "z" to run with the girl it more looks like a bit faster walking.

So, would an expert tell me how to configure what version of dolphin to make it playable for me, maybe with some screenshots? I am waiting for this game for years and cant wait to play it!

Oh, before i forget it, i even dont find the Orleans 4922 that Pilone71 is talking about, on the Orleans download page there is only a 4927 version, so i couldnt try that! Maybe someone has a clue where to find the 4922?

Thanks for your good work again!

Greets
okonski
(01-28-2010, 08:03 PM)okonski Wrote: [ -> ]I really dont know whats the best setting for dolphin to run FF4. Main problem is that the FPS rate starts with 30, but when i am playing the game it slows down to 5-20 FPS. The fightscenes with a ghost are very laggy and when i press "z" to run with the girl it more looks like a bit faster walking.

Use OpenGL plugin (it's already selected by default) and switch EFB copy to EFB to Gl texture (OpenGL plugin config -> Advanced), it should greatly speed things up when fighting with ghosts. I leave all other setting by default, except full screen that I enable and resolution that I change to 1024x768.

Also, 2.66Ghz is a little slow, I play on C2D 2.4 overclocked to 2.8 and the game still can slow down in long hallways and areas like that to 70-85% of nominal speed. Try to overclock, it will help greatly.

Also, running really almost looks like accelerated walking in Fatal Frames (at least if we compare speeds). It's a tradition, I'm sure you haven't played any of previous FFs Smile
Anyone knew how to activate the power for the elevator? I get some weird text when I was activating the power. I can't seems to change the combination.

okonski

[/quote]

Also, running really almost looks like accelerated walking in Fatal Frames (at least if we compare speeds). It's a tradition, I'm sure you haven't played any of previous FFs Smile
[/quote]

Well, thx for your clues. And I know that running isnt running in FF series, i played all parts before!!! But even for the FF series the running in FF4 on my computer isnt running at all!

Greets
okonski
anyone running this at full speed all throughout? I'm beginning to think I may be GPU limited particularly during the intro.
The breaker number is stuck at 12. And it just skip me out whenever I press A. Is this a glitch?
(01-28-2010, 08:50 PM)sensor Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2010, 08:03 PM)okonski Wrote: [ -> ]I really dont know whats the best setting for dolphin to run FF4. Main problem is that the FPS rate starts with 30, but when i am playing the game it slows down to 5-20 FPS. The fightscenes with a ghost are very laggy and when i press "z" to run with the girl it more looks like a bit faster walking.

Use OpenGL plugin (it's already selected by default) and switch EFB copy to EFB to Gl texture (OpenGL plugin config -> Advanced), it should greatly speed things up when fighting with ghosts. I leave all other setting by default, except full screen that I enable and resolution that I change to 1024x768.

Also, 2.66Ghz is a little slow, I play on C2D 2.4 overclocked to 2.8 and the game still can slow down in long hallways and areas like that to 70-85% of nominal speed. Try to overclock, it will help greatly.

Well, i noticed that on recent versions V-Sync is acting very badly on this game, so i turned it off. Anyway with that unchecked i'm on solid-rock 30FPS with my Core2Quad@2,4GHZ (same as Core2Duo with Dolphin) using Orleans 4922 build at 1920x1080.
Also i set Frame Limit from 60 to 120 (the game is very smooth and it doesn't slow down any FPS, it's just not skipping them).
The problem with Orleans buids is that he's not keeping all revisions in his Archives so you have to be lucky downloading them the same time it's released as new, as i did.

okonski

(01-28-2010, 09:53 PM)pilone71 Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, i noticed that on recent versions V-Sync is acting very badly on this game, so i turned it off. Anyway with that unchecked i'm on solid-rock 30FPS with my Core2Quad@2,4GHZ (same as Core2Duo with Dolphin) using Orleans 4922 build at 1920x1080.
Also i set Frame Limit from 60 to 120 (the game is very smooth and it doesn't slow down any FPS, it's just not skipping them).
The problem with Orleans buids is that he's not keeping all revisions in his Archives so you have to be lucky downloading them the same time it's released as new, as i did.

Can you maybe upload the 4922 somewhere? Would be fantastic!
(01-28-2010, 10:05 PM)okonski Wrote: [ -> ]

I setup a download slot for you for 4922, 32bit only.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DJEE4YIW

Enjoy Big Grin

okonski

(01-28-2010, 10:07 PM)pilone71 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2010, 10:05 PM)okonski Wrote: [ -> ]

I setup a download slot for you for 4922, 32bit only.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DJEE4YIW

Enjoy Big Grin

Thanks!!!

Hope it will work fine!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45