Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse - Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
(12-30-2010, 11:34 PM)siklara Wrote: [ -> ]Is it normal that I don't see the bluish effect on hint doors or where hidden ghost supposed to be? It bothers me a little.
Hah, found an old post of mine, never got an answer to it and it's still a problem. So, is it normal or can I do something about it? Big Grin

It's normal, no worries.
(07-26-2012, 09:48 AM)Arthur Mück Wrote: [ -> ]It's normal, no worries.
Okay then, thanks!

I'm sorry if I didn't search enough about this game issues within dolphin emulator forum. I'm totally new with this dolphin emulator thing as my Wii just broke, then I don't have time & money to buy another Wii console again.

My question would be:
1. What's the best version of dolphin emulator to play with this game?
2. If it's possible can you give the right guide to set the setting?

My dolphin emulator & iso version:
1. I'm currently using Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-424 as I found within this site;
http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...lay_Videos
That this version quite stable to play with the game.
2. My iso version is original Japanese iso (as my native language is Japanese)

Problem:
My is problem when I'm using v3.0-424 (with default setting) was there's out of sync within the video & audio at the first cut scene after starting the new game. The audio went so much faster that the video. I didn't found any problem when playing Zero 2 - Shinku no Chou (Project Zero 2 Wii Edition PAL) with the default setting...Well, I guess because Zero 2 using so much FMV than cutscene like Zero 4 used.

Note:
I know that my GPU (Intel HD Graphis 3000) is not really suitable to play high quality 3D game or even dolphin emulator. But, I just want to fix the outsync within the audio & video even the gameplay quality will be reduced a bit.

Thanks for helping Big Grin
================================================
My Laptop Specifications:
Operating System: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Processor/CPU: Intel Core i3 2310M @ 2.10GHz
Video Card/GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 3000 1797 MB
Memory/RAM: 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-424
1st - Try the official Dolphin 3.0 release. It's still a stable and fast revision.
2nd - Here ya go -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618 // settings for best speed, if you want more speed.

Concerning to your problem:
* Check "Enable Audio Throttle" under "DSP" if you use the official Dolphin 3.0 release. In newer revisions, just set the Framelimit to "Audio".
(09-04-2012, 06:43 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]1st - Try the official Dolphin 3.0 release. It's still a stable and fast revision.
2nd - Here ya go -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618 // settings for best speed, if you want more speed.

* Check "Enable Audio Throttle" under "DSP" if you use the official Dolphin 3.0 release. In newer revisions, just set the Framelimit to "Audio".

First, thanks for replying this thread though I know that this game is already too much old too discussed.

Yep, I notice that Dolphin 3.0 from dolphin-emu.org have more option that the latest rev version (currently in v3.0-765).

I'd like to report regarding what you suggest earlier.
1. Isn't that "Enable Audio Throttle" option is only used to when the game is too much fast than the audio? My problem is my video is slower than the audio. So when I use that option wasn't really help that much.
2. An hour ago I tried to use Dump Audio and finally it fixed the problem with the outsync audio. The audio is getting sync or should I said slowing down to get it matched with the video. Then the other problem occur, when the FPS down a bit, the audio getting stutter and finally it affect the gameplay as well. Oh, almost forgot. Set the Framelimit to "Audio" is really slowing down the process of the gameplay...so I've set it to off.

The thing is I'm not having so much problem when playing other game with the latest rev. of dolphin emulator default setting. The latest game I played was Project Zero 2 Wii Edition (PAL) or Zero 2 Shinku no Chou (JAP) is smoothly working with any latest dolphin. I think this game (Zero 4) is the most troublesome wii game to play with dolphin emu. (Idk with the patch english version as I'm using my original japanese wii disc to dump it into .iso)

Um..I need more suggestion regarding the Audio section to play this game.
1. Which Audio Backend should I use for the good audio setting? DSound or XAudio2?
I know that in performance guide XAudio2 is the best for windows, but..what do you think as the expert one? Big Grin
2. Regarding Direct3D which one should I used? 9 or 11? Cause in official dolphin 3.0 when I use D9 the texture looks shattered than when I'm using with D11. But strangely, when I use rev. 3.0-765 both D9 & D11 gave me good texture. (I hope it's only glitch)

There might be still some people having trouble like me when playing this game, so...I might post my own works setting after I solve the audio issues Big Grin

Thanks.

Quote:I think this game (Zero 4) is the most troublesome wii game to play with dolphin emu

I guess your CPU is just too weak for this game

Quote:I need more suggestion regarding the Audio section to play this game

You could try LLE but your system won't support it
(09-04-2012, 09:34 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I think this game (Zero 4) is the most troublesome wii game to play with dolphin emu

I guess your CPU is just too weak for this game

Quote:I need more suggestion regarding the Audio section to play this game

You could try LLE but your system won't support it

Yeah, maybe you're right. This full cutscene game isn't really cut out for my laptop. Well..at least Zero 2 (Fatal Frame 2) works so much fine, I guess those fmv's help me passed the game once.

LLE? Already tried that, dump the files which needed from wii yesterday, but well...lagging a lot xD

I'll try to play patching english version, might be gave me a chance to get better result or...maybe not.

Just want to play it once more in hard mode as dolphin support cheats. I never bother to cheats once I still got my wii in the past.
(09-04-2012, 07:51 PM)ingrid00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2012, 06:43 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]1st - Try the official Dolphin 3.0 release. It's still a stable and fast revision.

First, thanks for replying this thread though I know that this game is already too much old too discussed.

Yep, I notice that Dolphin 3.0 from dolphin-emu.org have more option that the latest rev version (currently in v3.0-765).

I'd like to report regarding what you suggest earlier.
1. Isn't that "Enable Audio Throttle" option is only used to when the game is too much fast than the audio? My problem is my video is slower than the audio. So when I use that option wasn't really help that much.
2. An hour ago I tried to use Dump Audio and finally it fixed the problem with the outsync audio. The audio is getting sync or should I said slowing down to get it matched with the video. Then the other problem occur, when the FPS down a bit, the audio getting stutter and finally it affect the gameplay as well. Oh, almost forgot. Set the Framelimit to "Audio" is really slowing down the process of the gameplay...so I've set it to off.

The thing is I'm not having so much problem when playing other game with the latest rev. of dolphin emulator default setting. The latest game I played was Project Zero 2 Wii Edition (PAL) or Zero 2 Shinku no Chou (JAP) is smoothly working with any latest dolphin. I think this game (Zero 4) is the most troublesome wii game to play with dolphin emu. (Idk with the patch english version as I'm using my original japanese wii disc to dump it into .iso)

Um..I need more suggestion regarding the Audio section to play this game.
1. Which Audio Backend should I use for the good audio setting? DSound or XAudio2?
I know that in performance guide XAudio2 is the best for windows, but..what do you think as the expert one? Big Grin
2. Regarding Direct3D which one should I used? 9 or 11? Cause in official dolphin 3.0 when I use D9 the texture looks shattered than when I'm using with D11. But strangely, when I use rev. 3.0-765 both D9 & D11 gave me good texture. (I hope it's only glitch)

There might be still some people having trouble like me when playing this game, so...I might post my own works setting after I solve the audio issues Big Grin

Thanks.

Really ? For me it'S the other way around, Zero 4 is working like charm and Zero 2 is asking so much resources that it has slow downs.

In fact there is so much more things on the screen in Zero 2 that Zero 4 looks empty. Both game looks great, but Zero 2 is the most recent game, so it should be harder to play.

I find it weird that Core i3 users seems to have no problems running Zero 2 while my Core i7 struggles so much with it.

My guess it's because of the Sandy Bridge.

(09-11-2012, 09:20 AM)chaelynne Wrote: [ -> ]Really ? For me it'S the other way around, Zero 4 is working like charm and Zero 2 is asking so much resources that it has slow downs.

In fact there is so much more things on the screen in Zero 2 that Zero 4 looks empty. Both game looks great, but Zero 2 is the most recent game, so it should be harder to play.

I find it weird that Core i3 users seems to have no problems running Zero 2 while my Core i7 struggles so much with it.

My guess it's because of the Sandy Bridge.

Hm...strange that Zero 2 isn't working so much fine in your i7. I just beat the second time of Zero 2 without any glitch at all (both Jap & PAL version). Like I said the FMV's help a lot for speeding up the emulation than cutscenes like they (always) used in Zero 4. And I'm not even used LLE when playing Zero 2, but the audio or even video wasn't stuttering or slowing down a bit.

My suggestion for all who still having trouble with playing Zero 4, update your driver (audio, gpu, etc). It gave me a bit speeding up like 5%, but well...stuttering audio still happen once or two xD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45