Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse - Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Haha I know this is probably a stupid question. But after all this work to patch it to English.... is this game actually GOOD? How does it rank with say, Silent Hill 1-3, Shattered Memories, Resident Evil 4, etc?
Do not know about FF4, but I rank FF1/2/3 above every SH except 2, above Siren1/2, but below RE4. Wink

FF1-3 are very like classical REs gameplay-wise, there is some freedom, exploration, puzzles, lots of items, readables. BUT, FF is much much scarier than any RE. If we talk about horror, I think FF1-3 take the second place right after the Siren series, and only then goes SH, and then goes RE.
yes, see that post after see this post)))) i already patched the game with english language, and its really working)))))

ps: for Ashok : this game actually GOOD!!!! if you like horrors games, and like fatal frame 1-3))))))
(01-19-2010, 11:52 PM)apollo90 Wrote: [ -> ]yes, see that post after see this post)))) i already patched the game with english language, and its really working)))))

ps: for Ashok : this game actually GOOD!!!! if you like horrors games, and like fatal frame 1-3))))))

say, is your keyboard broken or something?)))))))))))))
Damnit, the game runs so well and looks great! However, when making my first picture with the camera obscura, the game freezes :-|
(01-20-2010, 08:09 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Damnit, the game runs so well and looks great! However, when making my first picture with the camera obscura, the game freezes :-|

I had not this issue and was able to kill several ghosts without problem.
I was using Orleans revision 4867, now i'm testing Mamario revision 4890 with the same settings and i have to say i'm really impressed with the speed boost i got in Fatal Frame 4 and also other games. Tongue
did you use JIT or IL? and 32bit or 64bit?
Hm, I'll try it again...maybe it was just a random freeze.
(01-20-2010, 08:48 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]did you use JIT or IL? and 32bit or 64bit?
Hm, I'll try it again...maybe it was just a random freeze.

Regular Dolphin.exe 32bit (not DolphinIL.exe)
Here's my settings

[Image: cfg1.jpg]
[Image: cfg2.jpg][Image: cfg3.jpg][Image: cfg4.jpg][Image: cfg5.jpg]
you can disable "hires texture loading"...there's nothing like that for Dolphin, yet. (dunno if it can make any problems)
Mhm, maybe I'll try with JIT. If I'm unlucky the issue is only on 64bit :-|
(01-20-2010, 10:13 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]you can disable "hires texture loading"...there's nothing like that for Dolphin, yet. (dunno if it can make any problems)
Mhm, maybe I'll try with JIT. If I'm unlucky the issue is only on 64bit :-|

Thanks i will disable them Tongue

By the way i just tried recent revisions (49xx) and i have to say that Fatal Frame 4 performance is very very bad, i think i will stick with Mamario's 4890 for the moment.

UPDATE
The bad performance is caused by the Plugin_VideoDX9.dll, so to take advantage of the new feautures i just substituted it with the 4890 plugin and now everything is running smoothly like silk.

UPDATE2
I tested all the recent revisions and the DX9 bad performance started to appear from revision 4898, until 4897 is safe.
Now i'm using 4904 with 4897 DX9 plugin.