Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse - Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
(12-31-2010, 09:58 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]And you have used rev6690 (or later)?
Well, for the first time you play the game, there are stutters, but after that there shouldn't be any more stutters.
If there are, that means the stutters in this game have nothing to do with shader compiling...then it's the JIT cache or something I guess Undecided
I'm using rev6692 but hey, you were right, no more stutters later on and the game definitely runs better; I don't have slowdowns during ghostfights anymore, which is great news! I'm so happy right now. Smile
The only parts were I still experience slowdowns and severe video-audio desync are some of the ingame cutscenes (for example the very first one).

(12-31-2010, 07:47 AM)Nina Matsumoto Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh I love this game! I'm playing on hard now..
One question: the speedhack influences only in the girls movement or helps in the fps too??

Speedhack is on old post in this section in action replay form explained, speed the run fps depends on your pc/settings =) for me is god same of vid. but i have an i7 4giga ram on a gts250 opengl mode, i didn't resolve my black photo of ghosts xD in album

For the images that suggests wiimote settings thanks ! i will try it,

happy new year!
First of all, happy new year to you all!

Secondly, today I reached the part in chapter 7 where the game usually hangs (when you have to answer the phone call with Kirishima). I tried switching to JITIL and such, but it didn't help, so I could pass it only by temporarily disabling the audio output. If you have a similar problem, try it out! ; )
(the game also hanged when Ruka had to pick up the phone in one of the earlier chapters, but I didn't know what do do so I simply ignored the ringing and moved on XD)

I don't know why, since I didn't mess with the configuration, but the slowmo ghost killing problem returned. Any ideas how to make the battles a bit more... exciting? Big Grin
(01-02-2011, 12:42 PM)siklara Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why, since I didn't mess with the configuration, but the slowmo ghost killing problem returned. Any ideas how to make the battles a bit more... exciting? Big Grin
Self-fixed by setting the framelimit from auto to 60. Never thought it counts this much, since the audio throttle was disabled anyway... Now the game runs on 100% speed almost all the time. When Sakuya chases me FPS drops considerably and I still have desync during cutscenes, but I can live with these. Smile

If I remember right the hang at the telephone was random...so maybe the other settings you used had nothing to do with it.
I'm at the very end of the game and I CAN'T finish it because of a stupid bug!

When I try to play the piano, the pointer moves around fine, but for some reason I can't hit the piano keys! Even if I keep pressing the A button like a madman, nothing happens. Earlier I had this problem sometimes and only leaving and returning to the piano fixed it, but here I can't do this because Sakuya comes back! No matter how many times I defeat her, I can't play the damn piano. Oh and the last save point is quite far, so every time I want to start over and try again, I have to climb the endless stairs... Angry

Did any of you have this? How can I overcome it?

I just read that someone earlier had the same problem and blamed the DX11 plugin for it, but I'm using DX9 (r6692). I even thought about changing the Wiimote plugin, but in this revision I can't.
@ siklara

you can try to change from JIT to JITIL and see if that fixes your problem
Im not in the final chapter yet, i believe im in the 5th one and the game plays better with every new revision that comes but i have 1 constant problem and is that i cant use the opengl plugin, beacuse it gives me horrbile fps from (1-2 fps) like if opengl was bugged as hell so i have to use directx9 that in previous revisions prior to 6730 have terrible slowdowns during ghost fights but now everything seems fine.
Oh btw as for the door thing its pretty strange, as you open a new door for a place you never visited then the fps drop considerably to 12-15 even to 1 sometimes and the game just freeze for about 2 or 3 seconds then the door is open but if its a door of a place you already visited then the door opens almost right away its really strange... but once you run the emulator and load the game all doors including the doors of the rooms already visited have this freeze, so i think that the emulator needs to load everything on that new room you are opening on the fly causing that freeze or maybe its a bug who knows Tongue
@ diegochiha

Thanks for the really quick reply!
Change to JITIL is not an option for me in case of FF4 because it freezes when I take photos. XD Instead I downloaded the latest revision, switched to OpenGL and it did the trick, I've just finished the game. Big Grin
I got pretty decent FPS with OGL as well, but it's a little slower than the DX9 plugin. Setting the framerate to 60 eliminated the slowdowns during ghostfights for me and as for the door opening stops, I think I read that this is a bug of the game and isn't caused by the emulator, but TECMO refuses to fix it. Undecided
@ siklara

ok so its a tecmo fail Tongue ,anyway nice game, and here its a tip for everyone having the "piano" problem the one that doesnt allows you to play it, you have to with the piano on the screen and as if you were going to play it, open the graphics window and set cpu-efb acces on, then it will allow you to play the piano nicely, just remember to turn it off after you do that part beacuse it seems to give a little slowdown

metamorphling

cloud101090
Hi! I used your controls, which are on picture you posted above, still this can't help me: how do you move camera up and down? In the old version of emulator I believe it was "pitch up" and "pitch down", but how with your controls?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45