Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse - Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-10-2009, 03:34 AM)AyuanX Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if I made it so, then someone will pop up and say "is it possible to make it auto return to defualt angle? This is always a dilemma...

Hm, at least for THIS game it would be very appropriate and convenient I think (for keyboard control). When you re-enter the camera view it returns to 0, when you're watching through the camera it stays at the angle it reached when you release the Pitch - easy to shoot.

Quote:PS: you just need to bind pitch to analog stick, then it is easy to hold the angle.

Sadly I don't have a joystick that could be connected to the PC. Anyway, what about mouse to emulate nunchuck position?

omekdem

sensor, thanks for your help, but how could you play the game in japanese....do you know and understand the episodes and the twists in japanese??....do you know any thing about the translation team??...the last day i knew news about it was from about 4 weeks ago, they announced that they've reached 93 per cent of the translation project.

i have a suggestion for all fans of FF4, but it needs someone who knows well about all different dolphin configs, i suggest to make a catalog for the game just like any electric equipement of how it worksBig Grin... and if something's hard to be explained explicitly, just to post images of the problem..and the well-experienced person who will manage that catalog must know and explain every, everything in details..if anyone one agrees..we could adopt someone...if that catalog worked very well...others will emitate our own success....just tell what about this idea, friends Huh...byee and be on touch with me
(12-10-2009, 05:58 PM)omekdem Wrote: [ -> ]sensor, thanks for your help, but how could you play the game in japanese....do you know and understand the episodes and the twists in japanese??....do you know any thing about the translation team??...the last day i knew news about it was from about 4 weeks ago, they announced that they've reached 93 per cent of the translation project...byeeeBig Grin

I can read/speak Japanese though... Cool
omekdem, you may visit the translation project's site and check the status yourself: http://zero4.higashinoeden.com/

As for your question, I don't understand a thing in Japanese, but at least the Prologue was linear, it's understood what to do and where to go, and what to press without any knowledge of Japanese.

The only thing that bothers me about the translation is how we're supposed to apply it. Is SD card/USD stick emulated by Dolphin? And how much it will affect performance.

PS: Well, I found out the Dolphin emulates SD cards, good. But question about performance stays, as the translation patch is supposed to patch the game on the fly...

omekdem

i have a suggestion for all fans of FF4, but it needs someone who knows well about all different dolphin configs, i suggest to make a catalog for the game just like any electric equipement of how it works... and if something's hard to be explained explicitly, just to post images of the problem..and the well-experienced person who will manage that catalog must know and explain every, everything in details..if anyone one agrees..we could adopt someone...if that catalog worked very well...others will emitate our own success....just tell what about this idea, friends ...byee and be on touch with me
There's a really odd slowdown during the intro of FF4, can anyone explain this? It happens toward the end of the intro when Misaki disappears.

The framerate drops rather significantly, and for me under default conditions the sound desyncs. I had to set the watchdog to 20 for the a/v to remain synced.
xat, yep there is a desync toward the end, but other movies in the intro chapter played fine for me.
Dolphin r4687 broke sound in this game.
(12-13-2009, 11:11 PM)sensor Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin r4687 broke sound in this game.

Happens on my end as well, ow.
NEW update from the translation website:

"The patch itself has been complete for about 3 weeks. I started making the new website right after it was done it's last check. We are now attempting to spiffy up the patching method so that everyone can actually USE the patch, without all sorts of potential crashes in weird situations, and with nice, user friendly graphics and prompts as opposed to the flickering command line of yore."

Big Grin