Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Post your saves here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a topic for requesting and uploading saves. It has a tutorial for unpacking saves, either from your own SD cards and from sites such as gamefaqs.com and wiisave.com (go there for tons of saves). I've attached my save packs, with many full saves and some fixes to some games, so hopefully people can get everything they need easily. Note that many games have AR codes to get 100%, we don't need saves for these games. I could only test saves for games I have so please report any errors. In the save pack you'll find info on who/where the saves are from.

The PAL save pack includes:
[color=#0000CD]Super Smash Bros. Brawl - All characters, stages, music tracks, event matches & Subspace stages unlocked (vault data cleared)
Super Mario Galaxy - 100% unlocked + 2 early game files
Mario Kart Wii - 100% unlocked
Super Paper Mario - 100% file and and a file after intro PIXL AND INTRO GLITCH IS NOW FIX'D!!! (R3067)
Zelda: Twilight Princess - 100% + 2 early game files
Sonic and the Secret Rings - Special Book Complete. Max rings & points.
Sonic Unleashed - Not completed (See info in folder)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Normal mode completed, hard mode unlocked
Metroid Prime 3 - Beginner mode completed, hyper mode avaiable. Also include wiimovemovement.ini to move the thruster. Insert to user/config. Press alt+5 to use.
Wario Land: Shake It - 100% (from Satan666)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - 100%
Sonic and the Black Knight - 100% story mode[/color]

The NTSC save pack includes:
[color=#FF0000]*Mario Kart Wii - 100% THREE STARS
Super Mario Galaxy - 121 Stars & 9999 star bits With Both Mario & Luigi
Sonic Unleashed - Everything Unlocked, All S Ranks, all Sun & Moon medals
Sonic and the Secret Rings - 100% (Special Book Complete)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - New file with GC Transfer data. All units max stats.
Zelda: Twilight Princess - 100%, max all items
Super Paper Mario - 100% Complete. Level 35. Filename: Jay.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 100% log, items, credits. At end of game, veteran mode. Also include wiimovemovement.ini to move the thruster. Insert to user/config. Press alt+5 to use.
Animal Crossing: City Folks save that lets you play and save (from MarioMadness)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - 100%
Mortal Combat: Deadly Alliance - 100%
Sonic and the Black Knight - 100% story mode
Mario Striker Charged - 100%[/color]

The JAP save pack includes:
[color=#006400]Tatsunoko VS. Capcom - 100%
The (GC) Naruto GNT 1-4 - 100% (saves from diegochiha)
[/color]
To insert the saves in Dolphin, put them in the folder "User\Wii\title\00010000"! Note: Recent revisions have caused some saves to go in other folders than 00010000, for example Mario kart goes into folder 00010004.
*For NTSC Mario kart Wii, place the "rksys" file in the directory User\Wii\title\00010004\524d4345. You need to play the game first for it to make this folder. THE POINT OF THE SAVEPACK IS THAT THE SAVES ARE ALREADY READY FOR DOLPHIN, IGNORE THE TUTORIALS BELOW IF YOU ARE JUST HERE FOR THE PACK!

Note: Not all games have a banner in Dolphin. To get the banner, first play the game in Dolphin and make it save, then copy
the banner.bin file into the data folder of the saves from here before inserting.

Tutorial: How to unpack saves in .bin format
EDIT: New versions of Dolphin have a Wii save import feature under tools > import Wii save
Original post by author: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123406
Quick instructions:
- unrar http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/FE100-1.2b.rar
- unzip http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnuwin3...-1-bin.zip
- copy libeay32.dll from openssl\bin into the FE100 folder
- run key grabber
- press 'get from interwebz'
- press 'get stuff from a savefile' (point it to the .bin)
- press 'make me happy' (ignore the error message)
- run fe100
- point savefile to your bin (from ...)
- click unpack savefile
- The savefile now has folder with a name similar to "0001000052534250". (The last 8 letters differs for each game). Now in the Dolphin folder "User\Wii\title\00010000", locate the folder which is named the same as the last 8 letters of the converted folder (would be 52534250 as from the example above). Inside it, there is a folder named "data". Now insert all the files from folder "0001000052534250" in there, replacing the old files. Note that you must have played the game in Dolphin and saved, to create the save folder for the game in Dolphin.
EDIT: You can now right-click a game in the game list and choose "open save folder".

Tutorial: How to get wii saves from your SD-card

All saves and VC games are located in the folder private\wii\title. Each has a folder with 4-letter names like FCWP, JAVP, RSBP etc. To find out which folder has the save you're after, start Dolphin. Right click on the game and select "properties", then select the tab "Info". The first 4 letters of the "Game ID:" is the name of the folder where the game's save is located on your SD card. Open that file, and you will see the file "data.bin". This is the file you need to unpack in the program from above, follow those steps.
UPDATE: To get to the folder in the latest Dolphin versions, just right click the game in the menu and select "open save folder".

Tutorial: How to dump GC saves
Download CtrGcs-DacoTaco-edition, run it on your modded wii, then copy the memcard files over to Dolphin's GC save folder in User/GC/xxx, and rename them to MemoryCardA/B.xxx.raw. (A or B, xxx = region. Use the save manager to copy over indiviual saves).

Tutorial: How to implent Gamecube (.gci) saves: (BACKUP YOUR MEMORYCARD FIRST!)
In Dolphin, Go to "Tools > Memcard Manager". Open the memory card A for your region (located in User/GC) on the left, and the .gci save on the right. Then press "<-import GCI". Note that I haven't tested these, I tested with a Metroid Prime save but then it said the memorycard was corrupt. So lets just hope it works for you.

IF MY GUIDE IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND, PLEASE MAKE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE IT MORE COMPREHENSIBLE! ALSO REPORT ANY ERRORS WITH THE SAVES!
Nice. But I have another idea: if possible, rename this topic to "Post your saves here" and allow other members to upload saves and make requests. It's up to you, KHRZ Smile
OK I'll do that, already meant it for uploading & requesting too.
wheres the mario kart saves? not on that pack
Does anyone happen to have a Melee save with all characters/stages unlocked? It's a bit of a pain to unlock it all the regular way.
(04-05-2009, 10:08 AM)brotherofmetal Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone happen to have a Melee save with all characters/stages unlocked? It's a bit of a pain to unlock it all the regular way.

Yes. I would appreciate a save file for melee too. I have everything unlocked on my Gamecube except for 6 trophies, but I don't know how to rip the save to Dolphin. I know there is a guide and if no one else posts a melee save I'll try to figure it out, but I would really appreciate someone posting a save file anyway. Thanks in advance.
(04-05-2009, 10:20 AM)Szeiden Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2009, 10:08 AM)brotherofmetal Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone happen to have a Melee save with all characters/stages unlocked? It's a bit of a pain to unlock it all the regular way.

Yes. I would appreciate a save file for melee too. I have everything unlocked on my Gamecube except for 6 trophies, but I don't know how to rip the save to Dolphin. I know there is a guide and if no one else posts a melee save I'll try to figure it out, but I would really appreciate someone posting a save file anyway. Thanks in advance.

Here's a link to normal save game files.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube...16492.html

Not sure if it's possible to convert them to Dolphin.
(04-05-2009, 10:20 AM)Szeiden Wrote: [ -> ]

... I think if you want to unlock all characters and all stages, learn how to use Action Replay Codes! Thats why people can't be bothered posting save files up here!

Step by Step
1. right click ssbm in the dolphin select screen and select Properties!

2. find AR codes and select the all characters etc that you want selected!

3. go into Config and tick the box Enable Cheats (under Idle Skipping)

4. Run the game! Ta-Da! all characters and all stages unlocked!

who would have thought its that easy!

I still reccomend earning your own way to the top, so i say "Complete It Yourself!"

As soon as I'll come to my normal PC I'll extract it from my memory card. What's region? PAL or NTSC?

(04-05-2009, 11:18 AM)brotherofmetal Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a link to normal save game files.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube...16492.html

Not sure if it's possible to convert them to Dolphin.

There's a way, but I'm not at my PC and can't check Tongue
(04-05-2009, 08:53 AM)hakunushi Wrote: [ -> ]wheres the mario kart saves? not on that pack

Stupid me just had to forget something again didn't I? Added now...
And BTW for SSBM: Use AR codes to unlock stuff. No need for save there. If someone have any usefull AR codes for Wii games please submit.