Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GBA <-> GCN Connection Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Required:
VBA-M (from here, or build from SVN)
  • GBA BIOS

1. Open the Gamecube page in Dolphin's main configuration dialog, enable one or more GBAs in the ports you want them to appear in.
    Note: Dolphin allows "hotplugging" devices into the controller ports, so you can do this while a game is running, or beforehand.

2. Start a game in dolphin.

3. In VBA-M, go to Options>Link>Joybus Options.
    Enable Joybus Support, and enter the IP or hostname of the PC you'd like to connect to (the one running dolphin).
    When you click OK, the emulated link will be established. This requires dolphin to be emulating a game.
    Note: You must click OK from this dialog each play session (ie, each time you start dolphin).
  4. At this point, both emulators should appear to be frozen. Load the GBA BIOS or a gamepak in VBA-M.
    Note: Even if there is a gamepak in VBA-M, the BIOS must still run.*
  5. Once the GBA BIOS has started, both emulators will start running again.

Done! Smile

*If your game requires a gamepak be inserted and then connected, you need to add the BIOS path to VBA-M (Emulator>Bios Files...), load the gamepak, and hold Select+Start while the BIOS is loading. This will cause the BIOS to wait for connections and not boot the game.
i see dat d speed in zelda is only 6% 0_0
is it suppose to run dat slow?
an can somebody compile vba-m an upload it Smile
stop talking like an idiot.
It is slow because DSP-LLE is running, which is quite slow in Zelda ucode games.
You're running up to five different emulators at once.

I know that I had the VBA-M window run like mollases while the GCN ran at full speed when I was testing it out.
Pokemon Colosseum seems to make a loud buzzing sound and freeze at the Pokemon Company logo screen with DSP-LLE Sad
The DSP-LLE can be self dumped, but if the GBA BIOS is required, then how is one to legally dump that?

A shame they are both needed though, I can see why the GBA BIOS is necessary though.

(02-24-2010, 02:58 AM)Gouken20xx Wrote: [ -> ]You're running up to five different emulators at once.

I know that I had the VBA-M window run like mollases while the GCN ran at full speed when I was testing it out.

VBA-M isn't that demanding of an emulator, but maybe if you tried changing the render API for VBA-M?
I'll look into it, but, for now, got a good question, overall...

What functionality has been confirmed with this mode on GBA-Link games?
Awsome feature to Dolphin Smile I like to use the Wind Waker GBA thing for better map Tongue
Updated first post with link to VBA-M executable.
Keep in mind while it's what I'd call "done", there may still be bugs, and I'd like to hear about them...thanks.
i use GBA-M svn 337 with joybus support an have not Connect to dolphin, most i use a ipl /GC bios to run a link connection?
GBA Bios load but connectet not & can not controll dolphin with VBA-M.

Sorry for my bad english
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27