Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GBA <-> GCN Connection Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
It works well for me with Zelda four swords, although sometimes it says that controller is disconnected I don't know why :/

Targunitoth

Hi,
i didn't get Pokemon Colloseum and Pokemon Emerald to work.
It says checking for connection then Emerald starts normally

Did Pokemon work for you?

Thx
Just confirming this doesn't work with Windwaker.

It gets to the blue gameboy screen, and then I connect on Windwaker, I see the flashing nintendo sign in VBA, but then it says it fails in windwaker.

TragicManner

I seem to be having a problem getting Four Swords multiplayer to work with Dolphin version 2.0.

I've tried running it on several machines with the latest build of VBA-M (revision 956).

Using Dolphin revision 6075 I can get joybus to work without a problem, but Dolphin 2.0 runs Four Swords at playable speeds, and revision 6075 does not.

Anything I may be doing wrong?
The GBA connection had not yet been implemented at the time of Dolphin's 2.0 release, iirc.
Hello I've been messing with this great feature for a while and even though in the thread it tells you should use the LLE plugin, it doesn't work for me with that one, but it DOES work with the HLE plugin.
Not only the LLE plugin runs really (REALLY) slow, but in the VBA-M screen I can't see any change happen.
I do have my DSP files too!

The method does not work with Animal Crossing not because Dolphin, but because VBA-M does not support download play, so it fails to save the island, the pattern editor or the NES games on it. Though it recognizes it and lets you go to the Island.

Anyway, it's great to see that Four Swords DOES work, but slow. It means that maybe in the future we will have better speeds.
Maybe my friends and I will be finally able to play Four Swords in 4P mode! not all of us have GBAs and who knows if those cables are still being sold.

By the way, running VBA-M in a separate laptop does help with the crashing and the CPU not having to be divided, though it's basically the same speed due to the process itself that seems to be slow!
(10-15-2010, 04:43 AM)leox001 Wrote: [ -> ]but because VBA-M does not support download play, so it fails to save the

What is download play? Have you got any links to provide us with more info on maybe implementing the support into vba-m?
(10-15-2010, 07:00 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2010, 04:43 AM)leox001 Wrote: [ -> ]but because VBA-M does not support download play, so it fails to save the

What is download play? Have you got any links to provide us with more info on maybe implementing the support into vba-m?

I think I said "Download Play" when that is a DS feature, I was talking about the way the GBA accepts information for Single-Cart multiplayer sessions or temporal mini-games from the gamecube trough the link cable.

After googling that single cart feature for a bit, it seems it's called "Network Boot" or something like that.

I'm not really a developer, but I've noticed when I used to experiment with the GBA Link emulation, that the single-cart emulation -The Netboot thing- never was supported. Checking now with Dolphin, it seems that using the GBA as a controller -like in TLOZ Four Swords- works, but when you try to download data to the "GBA BIOS" -Like in Animal Crossing, etc- it won't let you since the VBA-M does not support that netboot thing.
I have the Problem when i load up the Bios then i get a White Screen, no Gameboy no Nintendo Logo....
Help

Edit: Ok got it to work, the Speed is fullspeed, but my Cpu is always at 100 % :S
and i getting a fifo warning that i have to change the watermark tightnes or something like that...
Help please, i getting this Error...
[Image: zwischenablage02i.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27