Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GBA <-> GCN Connection Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
guys I can play four swords multiplayer at 100% for a few minutes then vba and dolphin slow down to 50%! don't know why!

IceQ

was anyone able to get crystal chronicles working yet?

itay1500

is the gba link work with pokemon colesseum?
not currently.

IceQ

(11-22-2010, 04:39 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]not currently.

were you saying that to me or itay?

or possibly both of us?
I am having the same problem using the Tingle Tuner in Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker mentioned in at least two earlier posts. Can an expert please confirm that this doesn't work- I want to make sure it is not a case where I am doing something stupid like using a bad bios.
Is anyone working on a solution?

Thanks!

Medals10

My problem is that once VBA-M establishes a connection to Dolphin, VBA-M just stops responding. I know it establishes a connection as if I put in an invalid IP in Joybus or disable Joybus VBA-M does not hang. The second I enable and/or put in a valid IP it does stop responding.

Any ideas?
Firstly, Medals10, if you read the thread carefully you will see that once the connection between VBA-M and Dolphin is established, VBA-M is expected to run extremely slow. I also thought at first that VBA-M was not responding, but it was just a lack of patience on my part. You can set "throttle" to 200% in VBA-M to speed things up a bit.

Secondly, a few more details about the problem (if anyone is looking into this):

Configuration: I tried "DSPLLE on thread" checked and unchecked as well as both DSP plugins. The behavior was exactly the same.

Steps to reproduce my problem:

1. Launch Dolphin and run Zelda: Wind Waker
2. Launch VBA-M and check that Options->Emulator->BIOS Files has the GBA bios file listed and "Enabled" is checked
3. Select Options->Link->Joybus Options, "Enable Joybus Connection" is checked and the text box is filled with 127.0.0.1 . I click "OK".
4. I verify that a connection is established to Dolphin by noting that WW has frozen
5. File->Open GBA and I open gba_bios.bin
6. VBA-M is VERY slow, but eventually "GAMEBOY" appears on a white screen.
7. In Dolphin, I load my saved game and activate the Tingle Tuner
8. This causes the "Nintendo" to appear on the bottom of the screen. (This happens very quickly). After a few seconds the VBA-M goes white again and Zelda reports a problem connecting to the GBA.

Any help would be appreciated. At a minimum, it would be nice if someone could at least confirm that they have read the post and will look into the problem eventually.

Thanks.
Yeah, I've read the post and will look into the problem eventually (after I upgrade my CPU).

I have a pretty good idea where it is going wrong - the code is kinda tuned to one of the dev's PC's so it will work great on his PC and other people who have similar PC's. It's all to do with how we synchronise the timing between the two emulators.

yoyoma724

Hi, so I'm trying to do this with Pokemon Box and the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc, but haven't had any luck.

With the bonus disk, it seems like it connects and junk, but then it says the game is incompatible. I've tried it with roms of both sapphire and ruby with the same result. (The disc and the roms are all english.)

With Box, it says it's confirming connection or something, and then just stays at that. It's not frozen, because there's animation, but nothing happens.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27