Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GBA <-> GCN Connection Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
I can't get Pokemon Emerald <-> Pokemon XD working. I can't even try Colosseum because it does not run with DSP-LLE.
So out of curiosity, why is the LLE plugin needed for this? Does the sound-chip really control part of the controller port when using the GBA link?

I'll try it as soon as I can, I'll need to have my friend rip the GBA bios for me, as he has my GBA and is in another city. ^_^ Hooray Chao!
I don't get why pokemon hangs on LLE, im guessing some system timer issue with it.
Pokemon Coliseum works fine with DSP LLE here...USA version.
Turn off DSP LLE on thread if you have it enabled - it causes stalls very often.

Quote:So out of curiosity, why is the LLE plugin needed for this?
To put it simply, the gba has a key pair, and sends the public key to the gc. The gc sends this to the dsp, which returns the private key that the gba is also using.
This way, encrypt/decrypt is done with the same key, but the key is never transferred in "plaintext".
Neat shuffle and ah I have the LLE thread thing on Tongue
I got this to work with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle *once*. I was able to send a Chao to the tiny chao garden using the BIOS transfer, at which point VBA-m promptly slowed down to a grind while Dolphin kept going. I was able to get the garden (which was a GBA app sent by Dolphin) to keep running by turning off the Joybus support, but from there, I was never able to (a) get that garden to reconnect, or (b) get any other GBA link functionality with that game working. I'm not sure what's going wrong.

It's very cool that it even gets this far though, which is neat. I'm going to try running VBA-m on a different computer and network the two, see if that doesn't help it a bit. At this point though, it seems to work fine during the bios, and fail miserably during GBA gameplay. There's a good chance that whatever the GBA's code is doing is causing VBA-m to lock up during the link somewhere.

Alas! No easy chao hacking for me yet...

-gamefreak

KyleA

I am trying this with Four Swords but have had no success.

I followed all your instructions shuffle2, but when VBA-M loads the bios with Joybus enabled it just hangs. I've waited for 30 minutes (incase it is just going incredibly slow) but still nothing.

Is there something I could be missing? I have DSPLLE plugin selected and DSPLLE on Thread unchecked. Otherwise all defaults settings on Dolphin.
Do you have the dsp dumps?

KyleA

Yes I have the DSP dumps and Dolphin SVN R 5115.
same problem here.....cant get it to connect Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27