Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GBA <-> GCN Connection Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Huh  WTF? Are you trolling? Super Smash Bros Melee doesn't support GBA <-> GCN connection.
I suggest you look it up on the internet which GameCube games supports a GBA connection before asking for help here. A little research goes a long way, and most likely had avoided asking you this question here. Literally, a first search on google shows a wikipedia page listing all supported games.

But to answer your question, only Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and Sonic Adventure DX - Director's Cut are supported (more games are, but since you don't have them there is no point in writing the entire list down). It is GameCube specific feature, althrough the original Wii (not the Wii Mini) has an access port for the GBA Link Cable for GameCube games. But Dolphin is more or less the original Wii. So your listed Wii games are out of the question.

EDIT: Even this thread clearly states: GBA <-> GCN Connection Guide, I don't see the Wii mentioned anywhere in the title. You even stated it yourself in your previous post! So why would you ask if your Wii games supports a GBA Link Cable connection?

punkdawa

(05-23-2016, 08:23 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Are you the same person who registered 2 or 3 accounts on the bug tracker hoping spamming the issue would get it fixed faster lol

(05-23-2016, 01:16 PM)Lumbeeslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Lol now what gave you that idea?

LOL no, as i said before i'm new here and just want to share, i never troll on a dedicated forum.

Just a question here, in my i3 laptop (with 2GB ram) dolphin can't even call tingle (it crash when calling), but in my old Radeon 545v laptop (with 8GB ram) i can. Where did I go wrong? I thought that an emulator just need a great processing power not memory?

cam1212

Hello,

I am trying to get two players on FFCC or four swords. I have dolphin 5.0 and have tried the newest verstion of VBA, 1229 14XX and 947. I can get dolphin and vba to connect in the first instance with no problem or lag but when I open the second vba and connect it will freeze or load and disconnect the first (in FFCC the first will go from displaying the map/showing look at tv to 'waiting for connection")

i have tried changing the audio and using the dsp dumps, different versions of vba and also tried using dolphin 4.

One of the things i noticed is that both of the vba will say 'player 1' and if i switch the controller from gba to something else for player 2 nothing happens, but if I do it for player 1 and leave player 2 as gba they both say waiting for connection. I think both instances of vba are trying to connect to the same 'port' in dolphin and I don't know how to fix.

Note: I also get "joyBus host invalid; disabling" error when VBA loads

I have i5 3.6ghz, 16GB ram and ati hd7900
The only way to get multiple GBAs connected is to use DSP-LLE with properly dumped DSP-LLE roms from a GameCube or Wii.

It does work if you do that.
I hope mGBA is bringing dolphin support very soon.
The performance together with its stability could increase the playability of GBA <-> GCN games.

cam1212

(09-05-2016, 06:32 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The only way to get multiple GBAs connected is to use DSP-LLE with properly dumped DSP-LLE roms from a GameCube or Wii.

It does work if you do that.

The ones I have are:
rom:
Size:4KB
CRC32: 47DAAA65
MD5: 23645D446729A166AB3A9AABA2F5FBA5
SHA-1: 3C6CC6E04FDD0B2A392D7A6ED769455444846BE7

coef:
Size: 8KB
CRC32: D2777C90
MD5: 9A6514B88003C9C47E334DE654EC550B
SHA-1: C116D867BA001DCD6BF6D399FF4BF38D340F556C

which I think are the right ones. When I use the recompiler I have 30 FPS on the first vba instance and it drops to 4 with the second. Both VBAs still say player 1. One says look at tv screen, the second vba says waiting for connection.

Once or twice on FFCC it will load the player 1 maps on both vba instances.
[Image: 9i8g10.jpg]

murdrcake

I'm sorry to post this here, but since I saw activity on the thread I thought it might be a good place to start. Me and my wife had been playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles perfectly fine until I updated to Windows 10 anniversary. Now it won't recognize controller inputs unless the VBA-M window is selected. Since that is the case we can not play together. She can only move if her VBA-M window is clicked on, and I can only move if my VBA-M windows is clicked on. I have the "keep window on top" option enabled in VBA-M. Has anyone else been experiencing this and maybe have a solution? It really bums us out!

cam1212

(09-08-2016, 03:11 PM)murdrcake Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry to post this here, but since I saw activity on the thread I thought it might be a good place to start.  Me and my wife had been playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles perfectly fine until I updated to Windows 10 anniversary.  Now it won't recognize controller inputs unless the VBA-M window is selected. Since that is the case we can not play together.  She can only move if her VBA-M window is clicked on, and I can only move if my VBA-M windows is clicked on. I have the "keep window on top" option enabled in VBA-M.  Has anyone else been experiencing this and maybe have a solution?  It really bums us out!

Can you tell me the md5 or sha hash of your DSP-LLE if it was working at one point?

murdrcake

I'm not sure how to get that information, can you direct me on how to do it? Sorry, to be a noob.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27