Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GBA <-> GCN Connection Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
It's not a AU issue and VBA-M doesn't need focus if you set it up correctly.
Make sure to uncheck "Pause when inactive" in the Emulation menu.

MudNoodle

(09-13-2016, 04:37 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a AU issue and VBA-M doesn't need focus if you set it up correctly.
Make sure to uncheck "Pause when inactive" in the Emulation menu.

I'm suffering the same problem since I got Windows 10. Pause when inactive is unchecked, all the settings are as they should be.
Windows 10 is the issue and I can't find a work around.

~UPDATE~
I solved the problem. Xbox One controllers suck. They can only control on one active window. I tried using keyboard controls as well as using xbox 360 controller and it all works perfectly.
mGBA is getting Joybus support.
I hope the performance and compatibility is better than with visualboyadvance.

But it seems a cooperation is needed to optimise the communciation between mGBA and Dolphin.
https://github.com/mgba-emu/mgba/issues/422
Hope there's still someone reading this.
I'm at a complete loss trying to connect VBA-M to Dolphin.
I followed the instructions on page 1 of this topic, but I can't get anywhere.
Beginning with "Enable Joybus Connection" should freeze both EMUs, but it doesn't freeze either, simply nothing at all happens.

Not sure if I have to complete the connection, but in the next step I have no clue what "Load the GBA BIOS" shall mean.
I have the bios file, I have enabled it in the options, but nothing happens, the VBA-M window remains black.
I can't find anything in the menu that says launch bios or so.

Sorry if I appear just too dumb, but could anyone help me out?
(11-20-2016, 11:30 AM)Mark Wrote: [ -> ]Hope there's still someone reading this.
I'm at a complete loss trying to connect VBA-M to Dolphin.
I followed the instructions on page 1 of this topic, but I can't get anywhere.
Beginning with "Enable Joybus Connection" should freeze both EMUs, but it doesn't freeze either, simply nothing at all happens.

Not sure if I have to complete the connection, but in the next step I have no clue what "Load the GBA BIOS" shall mean.
I have the bios file, I have enabled it in the options, but nothing happens, the VBA-M window remains black.
I can't find anything in the menu that says launch bios or so.

Sorry if I appear just too dumb, but could anyone help me out?
I launch the bios with rom selection. I'm using the latest git though.
I don't have a rom, don't need one, want to use it as map screen in Windwaker.
Call me crazy, but I've bought even the original GBA exclusively for that one single function.
You just need the BIOS AFIAK
(11-20-2016, 12:48 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You just need the BIOS AFIAK

That's what I figured, but then, how do I "load bios", other than enabling it in the options?
Rename the bios file so that it has an extension of .gba and then load it like any other rom.
(11-20-2016, 01:24 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Rename the bios file so that it has an extension of .gba and then load it like any other rom.

Thanks, that did it.
One down, one to go.

Still left with the connection problem.
There seems to happen nothing when I "Enable Joybus Connection"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27