Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GBA <-> GCN Connection Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(08-06-2010, 09:57 AM)badman Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2010, 05:16 AM)Gohma Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I followed your instructions thoroughly but, when I click file open GBA and load the bios file I get an error saying: "The XAudio2 interface failed to initialize!". Then the program stops responding. Sometimes "Game" shows up on the screen but as soon as the "E" appears it stops responding. Help?

in VBA go to options>audio>output API>configurations and select your audio device.
Or try openAL....

There no audio devices selectable in the drop-down box. Undecided
OpenAL isn't selectable for some reason so my only other option is DirectSound8. I tried that and it still seems to be freezing.
Gohma, to fix your issue, update DirectX to the very latest version.
Updated, still not working. Now when the "E" in "GAMEBOY" appears I just get a black screen and it says its not responding.
[Image: iuluikyu.png]

Thats how mine looks like....
im using vba svn947
Yeah, mine looks like that now too. Still not working though. As soon as the "E" comes up it lags for a sec, the screen turns black and it stops responding. Sad
(08-06-2010, 05:05 PM)Gohma Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, mine looks like that now too. Still not working though. As soon as the "E" comes up it lags for a sec, the screen turns black and it stops responding. Sad

Do you have Options -> Emulator -> Pause when inactive enabled? If so, disable it. I made a short howto because I was bored and wanted to play around with youtube. Maybe it helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpx_ZQp6Fxc

Broojo02

Well, I'm trying to get it to work with the Wind Waker.

Pretty much the Nintendo symbol goes all colourful and makes the plinky sound to indicate that it has found something but after that either the WW or GBA slows down, typically to about 6% and the WW gives me a message saying an error occurred, but I can still keep playing the game as normal after that.

However the GBA-M has crashed and will only come back to life if you quit the WW for it to actually show the connecting screen with tingle nearly about to connect before that says an error message too. Sad

TerryClarke

Hey when i try get Four swords connected to vba, on vba its just a blank screen anyone got any ideas?
And bad ill have a game of four swords with you somtime XD
Pokemon games are still a no go. Sad
I'm Posting Back The Method I'm Using Again....

Open Dolphin and change all the GameCube Controller Ports from Standard Controller to GBA.
Make sure audio plugin is set to HLE.
Run Zelda four Swords on Dolphin.
Open VBA go to options>emulator>bios files and select the 'GBA BIOS.bin' file for 'GBA' and make sure enable is 'TICK'
Set your controls in VBA.
Now go to Link>jobus options
Make sure its enable and in the space below enter '127.0.0.1' or 'localhost' then click 'OK'
The game should 'FREEZE' so at this point on VBA click file, open GBA and load the 'GBA BIOS.bin' bios file.
And thats it your done and just do the same for wen playing multiplayer.

If it doesnt work be sure to install the c++ redis(2005, 2008) and dxwebsetup files.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27