Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GBA <-> GCN Connection Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(05-01-2016, 07:33 PM)Der_Paul Wrote: [ -> ]I' m able to connect VBA-M SVN 1229 to Dolphin 4.0.2 via "Joybus Options" and play LoZ:4S.

But i am not able to connect VBA-M SVN 1490 or VBA-M-WX-2.0.0-beta2 to Dolphin. Huh
Witch Options - Link have to bet set?

Have you tried the latest development version of Dolphin?

(05-01-2016, 07:33 PM)Der_Paul Wrote: [ -> ]Is this setup possible with Dolphin? Cool
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo/...ubes-5-tvs

No, because the Game Boy Player doesn't work in Dolphin.
Four Swords actually works with Dolphin if you're capable enough to set it up. It's quite a thing to do though.

punkdawa

Pardon my English.

I am registering to this forum because i happen to be (incidentally) successfully establishing a link between the newest Dolphin and VBA-M to use Tingle Tuner in LoZ: Wind Waker.

This is the step I taken, It is actually a normal step like everyone said before, but the "timing problem" is true:

1. Do all the step like everyone said before.
2. When calling tingle on Dolphin I accidentally pause the GCN emulation.
3. I focusing on VBA window unknowingly that Dolphin is paused.
4. When the GBA Bios have shown the word "Nintendo", I focus to Dolphin again and quickly resume the GCN emulation.
5. The linking process is like everyone said; super slow and need patience.
6. When everything connected it run in 50-50 speed for both emulator.

Things to point is:
- I use old laptop.
- It is true that all of this is not about processing power, it is all about timing.
- You can see on my SS that I was opening 10 tabs at the same time.
- Both emulator downloaded from the official site.
- Both are the newest revision.

I have to go somewhere now, I will update the post later if my system bio i input when registering is not shown, or if the SS of my desktop is not uploaded, the SS include DxDiag so you can see my laptop build.

Good Luck.
Well no wonder. You're using a very slow laptop. That old Intel Core 2 Duo is not fast enough to run both Visual Boy Advance and Dolphin at the same time. How can anyone expect to get smooth frame rates on such a slow machine?  
Dolphin and Visual Boy Advance runs fine on my machine on Wind Waker. No problems what so ever. I get constant 30fps on Dolphin and constant 60fps on Visual Boy Advance. I'm using the latest revisions as well. 

punkdawa

(05-22-2016, 12:38 AM)Lumbeeslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Well no wonder. You're using a very slow laptop. That old Intel Core 2 Duo is not fast enough to run both Visual Boy Advance and Dolphin at the same time. How can anyone expect to get smooth frame rates on such a slow machine?  
Dolphin and Visual Boy Advance runs fine on my machine on Wind Waker. No problems what so ever. I get constant 30fps on Dolphin and constant 60fps on Visual Boy Advance. I'm using the latest revisions as well. 

My post isn't actually a whining about the speed, i must be mistaken here. I post it because i assume that everybody still thinking it is impossible to establish a link in Wind Waker with Dolphin.

Maybe i should have read all the post thoroughly first, sorry about that mister Lumbeeslayer.
(05-22-2016, 03:26 AM)punkdawa Wrote: [ -> ]My post isn't actually a whining about the speed, i must be mistaken here. I post it because i assume that everybody still thinking it is impossible to establish a link in Wind Waker with Dolphin.

Maybe i should have read all the post thoroughly first, sorry about that mister Lumbeeslayer.

Windwaker works perfect established with Visual Boy Advance. You just need a fast machine. As soon as I pull out the tingle turner it connects straight away. Faster then it did on the actual gamecube.  So no you had no need to assume that it wasn't impossible to establish a link with VBA to Dolphin.
If there is any whining to be done about GBA <-> GCN emulation it should be towards Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. That game is the best co-op game that uses GBA <-> GCN. But its damn unplayable because of this problem alone >> https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/9528
Are you the same person who registered 2 or 3 accounts on the bug tracker hoping spamming the issue would get it fixed faster lol
(05-23-2016, 08:23 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Are you the same person who registered 2 or 3 accounts on the bug tracker hoping spamming the issue would get it fixed faster lol
Lol now what gave you that idea?
Run cmd.exe. Type in "ipconfig" and press enter. Check your IPv4 Address (or IPv6 if supported). There you have it.
(05-24-2016, 09:20 PM)DolphinGCWii Wrote: [ -> ]I put that IPv4 address into Joybus Option and clicked OK but nothing happened. Is there any step i am missing?
If your playing Dolphin and VBA on the same computer use 127.0.0.1 as the ip address because your playing locally.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27