Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GBA <-> GCN Connection Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
I would use this vba-m https://sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/
(I don't know if I can post that but if it's removed its the sourceforge link when searching vba-m)

1: Options, link, type, gamecube
2: Options, link, local mode
3: Options, gba, config, boot rom, select bios
4: Options, gba, use bios file
5: close/reopen
6: Launch Dolphin game and open bios file with vba-m
Thanks for that, got me a step further, at least now giving me a message on the screen.
Doesn't help though, because it says: "JoyBus host invalid, disabling"
Ignore it lol. Just launch the bios
Boy, that was too easy to think of.
Thanks guys, you've been a nice help.
(02-24-2010, 02:10 AM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]Required:
VBA-M (from here, or build from SVN)
  • GBA BIOS

1. Open the Gamecube page in Dolphin's main configuration dialog, enable one or more GBAs in the ports you want them to appear in.
    Note: Dolphin allows "hotplugging" devices into the controller ports, so you can do this while a game is running, or beforehand.

2. Start a game in dolphin.

3. In VBA-M, go to Options>Link>Joybus Options.
    Enable Joybus Support, and enter the IP or hostname of the PC you'd like to connect to (the one running dolphin).
    When you click OK, the emulated link will be established. This requires dolphin to be emulating a game.
    Note: You must click OK from this dialog each play session (ie, each time you start dolphin).
  4. At this point, both emulators should appear to be frozen. Load the GBA BIOS or a gamepak in VBA-M.
    Note: Even if there is a gamepak in VBA-M, the BIOS must still run.*
  5. Once the GBA BIOS has started, both emulators will start running again.

Done! Smile

*If your game requires a gamepak be inserted and then connected, you need to add the BIOS path to VBA-M (Emulator>Bios Files...), load the gamepak, and hold Select+Start while the BIOS is loading. This will cause the BIOS to wait for connections and not boot the game.

When i do it in the middle of the BGA boot sequence (Always the same frame) VBA M freezes and both emulators are stuck and i have to turn off both of them
(12-02-2016, 03:21 AM)SilverTheGamer Wrote: [ -> ]When i do it in the middle of the BGA boot sequence (Always the same frame) VBA M freezes and both emulators are stuck and i have to turn off both of them

Alternate between which window is highlighted until it goes again.
(12-02-2016, 07:27 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]Alternate between which window is highlighted until it goes again.

?? It doesn't matter what version it is or what throttle is set to, it always crashes at the same frame.
(12-07-2016, 12:21 AM)SilverTheGamer Wrote: [ -> ]?? It doesn't matter what version it is or what throttle is set to, it always crashes at the same frame.

I remember doing that for about 10 seconds because it was a freeze. Anyway I prefer the build from my earlier post
(11-21-2016, 02:02 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]I would use this vba-m https://sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/
(I don't know if I can post that but if it's removed its the sourceforge link when searching vba-m)

1: Options, link, type, gamecube
2: Options, link, local mode
3: Options, gba, config, boot rom, select bios
4: Options, gba, use bios file
5: close/reopen
6: Launch Dolphin game and open bios file with vba-m
It just redirects me to the latest version. Anyways, can you link a vba m version and a dolphin version that are both confirmed to work without problems? or is my computer not powerful enough?

Knifymoloko

Been trying for a couple hours to figure how to link multiple GBA M's to Dolphin 5.0. Trying to play LoZ Four Sword Adventure's with my brothers and would appreciate any help.

There are so many versions of GBA M idk where to start. So far I've been able to link 2 gba m's but then they wouldnt configure w the xbox 1 controllers properly. Later I managed to  just connect 1 gba m but then when I tried to connect the 2nd gba m the program just went extremely slow on Game Boy splash screen and never connected. I just got so frustrated I deleted all the versions I had and decided to see what y'all would suggest.

Thanks again
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27