Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GBA <-> GCN Connection Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Currently VBA-M's joybus code intentionally uses blocking sockets to ensure that there is no loss of sync. This can cause major slowdowns before the bios has started to use the joybus connection, as many people undoubtably noticed. It will probably be fixed/improved in the future, however I don't really feel like working on this until either:
gba ucode is HLE'd
dsp lle gets some sort of recompiler

rest assured either (or both) of these things will happen - but like always, no timelines.
Tried ZWW Tingle tuner, it sees the GBA, but fails to work.
My opinion is this...

The connection issues -
Not all computers can actually get the two emulators to mesh, and the link code is not optimized at all really. It's alpha test code.

Plugin conversion -
Not as easy as you'd think.
First, Dolphin is locked to one plugin at a time right now for Gamecube controllers. Make it run two, one for standard, one for GBA, and you're OK to start.
Second, You'd need to strip all the excess features out of VBA, like GB/GBC emulation and (other) link cable support.
Third, You'd need to recode most of the GUI for VBA to turn it into a single plugin configuration window.
Once you've done that, then you can actually look at having four GBA windows that are running without slowdown or sync problems.

Denolieg

I've been trying to play Four Swords with a GBA link too, but I couldn't get it to work.. Dolphin and VBA-M work fine sparetely but I can't get them to work togheter. I've done pretty much all that was said on here, but both programs keep crashing as soon as the "E" from Gameboy appears, when I launch VBA-M at the same time as Dolphin. However, if Dolphin isn't running, it starts fine and it stays on "Gameboy" even if I launch Dolphin afterwards. Anyone knows why it keeps crashing? :l Thanks
By the way.... was testing with 4 VBA open's running Sonic Advance + Dolphin with the game Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and 0 slowdows¡

[Image: funnyg.th.jpg]

Good for the Quad Cores
I'm very glad to hear that someone besides skidau and I has managed to get it working for themselves...and with nice pictures too! Smile
Proves nothing for me.

Those are running standard gameplay on the GBAs. I can get fullspeed on a dozen GBAs with them not Joybus-linked to the Gamecube.
Erm...when I read his post I thought he was linking them...but now that I read over it, I guess he's not, huh? :/
nvm then - still just the ultra-awesome devs who get it to work Smile
(03-02-2010, 01:31 AM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]Erm...when I read his post I thought he was linking them...but now that I read over it, I guess he's not, huh? :/
nvm then - still just the ultra-awesome devs who get it to work Smile

Just did a test running dolphin + 4 VBA Windows (no link GBA <-> GC), following this:

(02-27-2010, 10:47 PM)Gouken20xx Wrote: [ -> ]Not all computers can actually get the two emulators to mesh, and the link code is not optimized at all really. It's alpha test code.

On PC's you can play GC games / Wii, there will be problems with VBA.

Salu2 =D
I have Zelda Wind Waker,and isn't connecting!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27