Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GBA <-> GCN Connection Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

CenTdemeern1

(02-24-2010, 02:58 AM)Gouken20xx Wrote: [ -> ]You're running up to five different emulators at once.

I know that I had the VBA-M window run like mollases while the GCN ran at full speed when I was testing it out.

Hey there, have you tried setting the throttle speed to 150%?
It seems to work for most people including me.

Options>Speed>Throttle>150% OR
Options>General ...> Throttle % of normal: 150%

alrendy

Can anyone help me connect Harvest Moon - Friends of Mineral Town (VBA-m) to Harvest Moon - A Wonderful Life?
Every time I connect it always fails. Sad
I use Dolphin 4.0.2 (32-bit) and VBA-m SVN 1229
Thank you for your help Angel
We don't support Dolphin versions older than 5.0. Upgrading Dolphin would be a good idea anyway since there were a few improvements made to the GBA-GCN connection since 4.0.

Aella.Dee

Looking for help with this, I actually had VBA-M working on the older version that uses Joybus but it randomly stopped connecting for seemingly no reason. I was using Dolphin 5.0 and playing FF:CC, having gotten multiplayer with 2 players to work for a few nights until now where no matter what the Gameboy logo will appear and the Nintendo logo never shows up and it won't connect to Dolphin. I tried updating to the latest version of VBA-M to see if that worked, and followed the instructions that Craftyawesome posted a few pages back but this version also won't connect. Just to test everything I also went to the latest version of Dolphin but I'm still having the same issue there.

What versions of dolphin / VBA-M work best for people here? Has anyone had it working only to have it stop connecting? The FF:CC wiki states that connectivity was broken past update 5.0, despite the fact that I did get it to work with Dolphin 5.0 using the older joybus method. Is there a reason why this would stop working without me changing settings? I was using 127.0.0.1

Tag365

For Pokémon Colosseum, if it fails initially, you may need to pause the VBA-M emulator when the screen has fully faded to white after the Game Boy text appears on the screen. Then, go into the correct transfer mode for Pokémon Colosseum where the game requests you to turn on the Game Boy Advance system. When the prompt appears, you may then unpause the VBA-M emulator. If it still doesn't work after a few more attempts, try pausing the VBA-M emulator at different times.
Which version of the VBA-M emulator are you using?  I would have thought that pausing VBA-M would have paused (freeze) Dolphin too.

nosuchthingastoast

Resurrecting this thread.

I've followed the instructions here, the instructions in this thread (https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ga...oy+advance), and the barebones instructions on the Animal Crossing FAQ, but none have worked.

For background:

* I'm running Dolphin 5.0; I have controller port 1 set to Standard Controller, and port 2 set to GBA; and I have have DualCore or CPU Clock Override both disabled.

* I'm running VisualBoyAdvance-M 2.1.4; I've disabled Skip BIOS and Pause while inactive; and I've enabled Use BIOS file, Local mode, and Link at boot. I have a functioning GBA BIOS, and I have the pathway set up in VBA

* I've tried launching Dolphin first. I've tried launching VBA first. I've tried it with Link Type set to "Nothing", and then changing it to GameCube - and I've tried this both before and after launching the GBA BIOS. I've tried it with Link Type set to "GameCube".

Everything I try, the GBA BIOS appears to load properly in VBA, but there is no response from Dolphin. There is no slowdown, and no GBA-dependent features activate. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to get this to work in Animal Crossing, if that's relevant.
Same I'm unable to connect Japanese Colosseum to an e-reader.

Shadow Song

(11-21-2016, 02:02 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]I would use this vba-m https://sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/
(I don't know if I can post that but if it's removed its the sourceforge link when searching vba-m)

1: Options, link, type, gamecube
2: Options, link, local mode
3: Options, gba, config, boot rom, select bios
4: Options, gba, use bios file
5: close/reopen
6: Launch Dolphin game and open bios file with vba-m
ok so i followed these steps, but it still doesnt seem to work, i just get "there is no game boy advance connected"... am i missing a step or something? im using my keyboard in place of the 2nd controller, wonder if that has to do with it
(04-06-2021, 02:56 AM)Shadow Song Wrote: [ -> ]ok so i followed these steps, but it still doesnt seem to work, i just get "there is no game boy advance connected"... am i missing a step or something? im using my keyboard in place of the 2nd controller, wonder if that has to do with it

Did you set GBA in the dolphin controllers? What game? Is the GBA side just sitting in the bios? You could also try mGBA.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27