Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Getting DSP-LLE dumps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Anyone had problems with the DSP dumps deleting themselves? Suddenly they disappeared from my system, when I know they had been there, as I'd been meddling with LLE previously. Had to dump them again, which was a pain.

So basically, has dolphin deleted files it depends on for other people?
Dolphin doesn't delete them.
Maybe you deleted them unconsciously?
Make sure you're checking the correct folders too if you're using multiple Dolphin versions.
Files still intact.
Virus?
I put them in the correct folder for three dolphin builds, and they weren't in any of them. I also thought I had a backup on an SD card, which hadn't been in my PC, but that backup was probably imaginary.

I am certain no malware has been successfully executed on my PC.

If they were gone from just one build, I'd assume that I'd deleted them, but gone from three, and it would have to have been a conscious decision. Unless of course McAfee decided that they were malware, and deleted them. That's now my current best theory, and when it next runs a scan, I'll read the report.
Quote:Unless of course McAfee decided that they were malware, and deleted them. That's now my current best theory

Even if he had decided they were malwares he wouldn't have deleted them without noticing you.
Try to make a quick analysis on the files by clicking right (when you have dumped them again)
Nothing weird in its properties, and McAfee likes it.
So all lle dsp files are the same right, no special versions of it?

I've been using this to get passed parts in the wind waker. But one thing I noticed, the game runs a LOT slower, same for paper mario the thousand year door. So what's the point in this, if it makes everything slow anyways?
More accurate emulation of sound and better game compatibility.
You'll get a performance hit, but it makes certain games playable.
Try to play games such as Mario Galaxy without it. Your music will stop playing after a while, and you'll crash at certain levels.
Tales of Symphonia doesn't even play its music correctly without it.

Your PC isn't very good for Dolphin in general, even more so for LLE.
I was just curious, why can't this just be built into the emulator?
(07-10-2012, 03:29 PM)2mustange Wrote: [ -> ]I was just curious, why can't this just be built into the emulator?

Because the DSP dumps are protected by copyright laws.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24