Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Getting DSP-LLE dumps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

erehwon

Thanks that worked. I'm not having that audio problem in ikaruga now, but it is chugging a little. That's another problem.

Xenoblade is still having issues. The audio is chugging. I'm wondering if my AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor is good enough.
(01-22-2013, 11:11 AM)erehwon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering if my AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor is good enough.
Not really :p
Hi guys I'm new in the forum have been using Dolphin for 3 or 4 months. Need a help I checked almost all topic but couldn't find an answer.

First the Roms zip file in the first thread, where do I place the files? Somewhere in the Dolphin folders right but where?

I'm having sound problems (slowing down and robotic voice) on Captain America and Ghost Recon are the files on that zip ok for both these games? If not where can I find them?

And yes I don't have a Wii console :\

Thanks
(02-18-2013, 04:44 AM)Grippen Wrote: [ -> ]First the Roms zip file in the first thread, where do I place the files? Somewhere in the Dolphin folders right but where?

In User/GC if you're using a recent build. I guess it's written in the first post btw.

(02-18-2013, 04:44 AM)Grippen Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having sound problems (slowing down and robotic voice) on Captain America and Ghost Recon are the files on that zip ok for both these games? If not where can I find them?

These files shouldn't work since these games aren't "ucode games" (see the first post).
And to get DSP files there is no other legal way than using a Wii
(02-18-2013, 04:52 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-18-2013, 04:44 AM)Grippen Wrote: [ -> ]First the Roms zip file in the first thread, where do I place the files? Somewhere in the Dolphin folders right but where?

In User/GC if you're using a recent build. I guess it's written in the first post btw.

(02-18-2013, 04:44 AM)Grippen Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having sound problems (slowing down and robotic voice) on Captain America and Ghost Recon are the files on that zip ok for both these games? If not where can I find them?

These files shouldn't work since these games aren't "ucode games" (see the first post).
And to get DSP files there is no other legal way than using a Wii
Ok thanks I will just play as it is better then nothing Smile

polimante

Hello. I'm playing Zelda Wind Waker on Dolphin 3.5-269 revision and when I defeat the Forest Haven boss and enter in the teleport, my screens turns grey, and my screen freezes.
I already tried download and use the iROM (I didn't have a Wii :/), but when I try to load my State Save, dolphin crashes.

Question: This DSP LLE don't work with State Saves?

I only used the State Saves at the moment, so if iROM dont work with state saves, have I to start the game again and use only the "in game save"?

Thanks for the answers. (If someone already had the same issue than me, please, tell me how do you fixed it)
(02-26-2013, 10:47 AM)polimante Wrote: [ -> ]Question: This DSP LLE don't work with State Saves?

I only used the State Saves at the moment, so if iROM dont work with state saves, have I to start the game again and use only the "in game save"?

Save states made with LLE audio should work when you have your DSP Emulator Engine set to LLE Recompiler or LLE Interpreter. However, save states made with LLE audio are incompatible with save states made with HLE audio. HLE doesn't need to record nearly as much information to the save state, and save states need to be more or less very precise. Any discrepancy will cause save states to not load properly or refuse to load at all. Even using different revisions of Dolphin does this.

There shouldn't be anything stopping you from entering your save state (using HLE audio if the save state was made with HLE audio), saving you game in-game to Dolphin's emulated memory card, resetting Dolphin, and booting with LLE audio. You'll need to boot without save states, just like on a real console, but once you enter in-game, you can use save states as you please. Just note that if you want to switch between LLE and HLE audio, you'll have to go through all of that once more (in-game save, reset, switch DSP Emulator Engines, boot again).

If Dolphin complains that it can't save to the memory card, delete the memory card file (look in User\GC\) and start Dolphin without loading a save state. It should create a fresh memory card file (refresh the User\GC\ to check it it's been made). After that, load up your save state then make an in-game save as soon as you can.

polimante

Ok, I deleted the memory card files (memory.raw and SRAM.raw), my save state was saved in HLE audio. I dont know what happened, but my first in-game save that I created at the start, it dissapeared! Ok, I deleted the old memory files, create a new "in game save", saved in game, loaded my F1 save state, tried to save in game but the game says: "Memory card A is damaged" or something else.

If I lost my original profile on game, as happened, has a way to restore my profile? Or in this case I have to start again?

Sorry for my "newbie" questions, I'm new with Dolphin emulator.

Thanks for the answer.
(02-26-2013, 01:46 PM)polimante Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I deleted the memory card files (memory.raw and SRAM.raw), my save state was saved in HLE audio. I dont know what happened, but my first in-game save that I created at the start, it dissapeared!

It's normal since you've just deleted your savefiles Tongue .

(02-26-2013, 01:46 PM)polimante Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I deleted the old memory files, create a new "in game save", saved in game, loaded my F1 save state, tried to save in game but the game says: "Memory card A is damaged" or something else.

You probably did that before deleting your MCs. And it logically didn't work.
Delete your MCs. Start the game. Let the game create a new MC. When you're in-game load your savestate. And then make a new in-game save.

(02-26-2013, 01:46 PM)polimante Wrote: [ -> ]If I lost my original profile on game, as happened, has a way to restore my profile? Or in this case I have to start again?

Unfortunately you'll have to start again
Fwiw, don't rely on save states to record your overall game progress; use in-game saving for that from the beginning. Treat save states like temporary checkpoints that you can create anywhere, e.g. for boss battles, or for puzzles or difficult jumps, etc. Save states should be supplementary, but you should rely on in-game saving for your progress. Saving in-game avoids these types of problems when switching from HLE audio to LLE.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24