Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Getting DSP-LLE dumps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
hello , i am having audio sluttering issue with dolphin 4.0 and newer releases, these releases gives a better speed but causes heavy audio sluttering which was not there in dolphin 3.5, or older versions
i have tested all possible settings in dsp tab, limiting fps ,disabling/enabling idle skipping/dual core, tried dsp lle/hle/xaudio,openal and opengl,
with all possible settings the sound problem is still there and i have tried with 2 pcs and 3 games (xenoblade chronicles,wwe 13,wwe 12) and it seems to be a doplhin bug
It's not a Dolphin bug. Dolphin will only run the audio as fast as you can emulate the rest of the game now in 4.0. In 3.5 the audio ran at its own speed, so it wouldn't slow down when the games did.

The problem is that you have very weak hardware for Dolphin and you're trying to emulate two very demanding games (WWE 12 and 13) and an above average demanding game (Xenoblade Chronicles). Your CPU is simply too slow to emulate these games at fullspeed, thus you cannot emulate the audio at fullspeed either.
avil172: You can use the OpenAL backend or laency fix branch ( https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gr...fix-branch ), but you have to limit your fps manually with the framelimiter to avoid stuttering.
(02-14-2014, 04:22 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a Dolphin bug. Dolphin will only run the audio as fast as you can emulate the rest of the game now in 4.0. In 3.5 the audio ran at its own speed, so it wouldn't slow down when the games did.

The problem is that you have very weak hardware for Dolphin and you're trying to emulate two very demanding games (WWE 12 and 13) and an above average demanding game (Xenoblade Chronicles). Your CPU is simply too slow to emulate these games at fullspeed, thus you cannot emulate the audio at fullspeed either.
thanks to you both for your concern, i can play wwe 13 with 55-60% speed(internal resolution 1.5x- since the texture looks better with this settings) in dolphin 3.5, and the speed is better than what i have seen on youtube, so i think i will stick with 3.5,
BTW can you tell me if wwe 13's texture overlapping is a game-bug or dolphin bug?
one more thing, i get the message "wiimote connection interrupted" like message when i pause the game for some moment, how do i fix that?

@degasus, i used your method and it reduced the stuttering to some amount, hopefully, a newer release will fix this

(02-14-2014, 05:48 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]avil172: You can use the OpenAL backend or laency fix branch ( https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gr...fix-branch ), but you have to limit your fps manually with the framelimiter to avoid stuttering.
thanks to you both for your concern, i can play wwe 13 with 55-60% speed(internal resolution 1.5x- since the texture looks better with this settings) in dolphin 3.5, and the speed is better than what i have seen on youtube, so i think i will stick with 3.5,
BTW can you tell me if wwe 13's texture overlapping is a game-bug or dolphin bug?
one more thing, i get the message "wiimote connection interrupted" like message when i pause the game for some moment, how do i fix that?

@degasus, i used your method and it reduced the stuttering to some amount, hopefully, a newer release will fix this

Skysurf3000

Hello!
I'm having trouble getting the 2 files: whenever I launch the app in the homebrew channel I almost immediately get an error:

I end up on a scary black screen with what I think are memory adresses, some messages about microcode or something like that and a line in a corner that says that it failed to write on the sd-card. Any idea of what could cause that problem?
I don't know if it matters, but I'm using a 4gb sdhc card.
To the original poster, ExtremeDude2, but will the method that you described work in extracting the audio files. from Gamecube games or is there another way to do it? I am trying to help a friend of mine extract the sounds of “Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader”; he has been having difficulty getting to get the sounds into a .wav format. Here is a thread of his: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-sf...g-features. Can you help him find a way to extract the sounds?
I don't know how to extract audio files from games, this has nothing to so with that.
Is your wii modded?
what games still use this ?
(01-13-2016, 01:08 AM)mikezilla2 Wrote: [ -> ]what games still use this ?

I know if you want to link a GBA you will need this otherwise HLE or the included LLE should work.

Edit: see next post
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24