Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Getting DSP-LLE dumps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Right click the game in the GUI and select properties.

genervt

Hi,

I'm running Dolphin 3.0-772 on Linux_x64 and LoZ - Twilight Princess worked perfectly until a cut scene at some waterfalls with a black ghost... dunno the name? Anyways, after this cut scene the music started crackling and the sound didn't work anymore.

I tried everything described in this thread: I downloaded the DSP_LLE bins from LM1234 and extracted them to the dolphin/GC folder. Afterwards I switched to LLE recompiler in the Dolphin menu and also disabled DSP HLE emulation in the properties dialog of the game itself. After starting the game it informed me, that I was using custum DSPs and that they'll only work with Zelda games. So far, so good!

But when I tried to load a saved state the emulator refused with the message: "Can't load state from other revisions" and a popup box saying: "Error: After "DSP", found 0 (0x0) instead of save marker 66 (0x42). Aborting savestate load..."

So I guess the DSP_LLE files I downloaded from LM1234 were made with a version of Dolphin different from 3.0-772, right?

Is there any way to get the files for version 3.0-772? Because otherwise I would have to start the game from the beginning and lose my savegame or play with the mangled sound, which isn't so great, either. ^^

Thank you guys in advance for the answers!

genervt
Save states made with HLE are incompatible when the DSP emulator engine is set to use LLE. The same is true of save states made under LLE when switching back to HLE. The two work differently and need to save different info to the save state. Your best bet is to use in-game saving rather than save states.
You're German? Tongue

Well, that's the problem with savestates: They're unreliable and not compatible with other DSP engines. Save rather in-game (just disable LLE and use HLE, goto a save point, save and enable LLE again. Violá!)

Add: Ninja'd by Shonumi.

genervt

Thanks to you both for the quick answers! I'll see where my last ingame savegame is at! Smile

btw: How did you know I'm German? ^^
Well... my instinct Tongue ...just a little joke. Your username of course (genervt = German word; in English it means something like "pissed off" Tongue). (I'm German too btw Cool )

Anyway, that's enough offtopic.

genervt

Oh yeah, my username. I forgot about that. ^^

I loaded my last ingame savestate now and it's working with LLE now! But there's still a problem: With LLE I got sound lags whenever I attack an enemy. Also, the game has way fewer FPS now than before. Is there any fix for that? Or is it normal that LLE won't run fast on an Phenom II 3,3 Ghz with 8 GB of ram? What kind of CPU does one need for LLE to work without lags? Or is there any chance that LLE will run better on the Windows version of Dolphin? Also: Is there any chance that HLE will run without sound errors on the Windows version of Dolphin?

I'm willing to install that evil piece of software (Windows, not Dolphin) if I can play Zelda. Wink

There's no chance that the sound will become normal again in HLE after a while, is there? After all, it was normal during the beginning of the game (at least for 8 hours or so) and got bad just after that cut scene I mentioned. Sad
LLE is quite CPU intensive, and you'll need a CPU with a relatively high IPC to play with it on and enjoy your game. Those drops are normal. You can OC your computer or buy a faster CPU. Intel's Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge chips are currently the best for Dolphin. It's often recommended that you go for something like the i5-3750K so you can overclock as much as you need to. You'll need a decent motherboard as well (can't remember which is the best, Z77 or something like that, someone else know probably) and a cooler is necessary for OCing. HLE audio is very unlikely to improve (it might happen, but don't depend on it). For now, LLE is your best chance at perfect audio. If you haven't done so, be sure to enable LLE on Thread. It might help you just a bit.
It is the Z77 chipset that the motherboard needs.

genervt

Ok, so my dual-core Phenom won't do it, then.

But, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a Gamecube + Zelda or even a Wii + Zelda, instead of a 200$ Intel Core i5 plus a 100$ mainboard? ^^

I guess, I'll just have to play without sound, then. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24