Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(10-26-2016, 02:12 PM)Invader Wrote: [ -> ]My Azio BTD-V201 seems to be saving the link keys now that I look more into it, but none of my wii remotes seem to reconnect automatically. I have a skyward sword wii remote plus and 3 original wii remotes. I'm confused because the wiki page says it works. Is the wiki incorrect?
If it doesn't work for you, please add a test result on the wiki! Maybe there's a slightly different version of the Azio which doesn't work as great...
(10-26-2016, 04:08 PM)Forgottenkey Wrote: [ -> ][color=#000000]Sorry i was wrong. My Asus BT-400 (Broadcom BCM20702A0) USB ID is 0B05::17CF. I apologize i was one character off. I thought i had it memorized. So this is actually the maximus vii formula wi-fi/bluetooth PCI combo card that came with the board. USB ID i provided is correct. The behavior i explained in earlier posts still stands. Everything works close to perfect except for remembering more than 1 controller for pairing. Yes this adapter was forced.
[/color]

Looks like your adapter can only store 1 link key and forgot the rest (pun not intended Tongue), which is why only one Wii Remote is remembered.
(10-26-2016, 07:11 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like your adapter can only store 1 link key and forgot the rest (pun not intended Tongue), which is why only one Wii Remote is remembered.
Dolphin does store them in it's ini file but that probably doesn't matter does it? Would it be possible to force the adapter itself to store multiple keys? Lol i see what you did there -_-
(10-26-2016, 02:12 PM)Invader Wrote: [ -> ]My Azio BTD-V201 seems to be saving the link keys now that I look more into it, but none of my wii remotes seem to reconnect automatically. I have a skyward sword wii remote plus and 3 original wii remotes. I'm confused because the wiki page says it works. Is the wiki incorrect?

Does "saving the link keys" mean that the keys are actually saved in the dolphin ini file?
(10-26-2016, 09:15 PM)themanuel Wrote: [ -> ]Does "saving the link keys" mean that the keys are actually saved in the dolphin ini file?

That's what I meant, yeah.
Thanks. The passthrough feature is an exciting prospect for accurate wiimote behavior but as long as the pairing issue requires the wiimotes to be resynced every time it does lose its appeal quite a bit.

It sounds like, short of finding a particular cheap BT adapter that happens to work to perfection, the next best solution will be to buy a replacement Wii BT module and somebody coming up with a custom made USB adapter. I expect this solution to cost about $40 but it would do the job.
(10-26-2016, 06:21 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]If it doesn't work for you, please add a test result on the wiki! Maybe there's a slightly different version of the Azio which doesn't work as great...

My revision seems to be 5276. I'm not sure if I should add a new entry or add to the existing one. The revision is listed as "?" on the current entry.
(10-26-2016, 07:50 PM)Forgottenkey Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin does store them in it's ini file but that probably doesn't matter does it? Would it be possible to force the adapter itself to store multiple keys?
This is for adapters that forget them completely, but have no issues writing more than one link key.
In your case, your adapter doesn't seem to forget link key(s?); rather, its storage may possibly be limited to 1 key. If you really want to check if that's the case, you can use Wireshark to sniff on the HCI commands/replies. It should tell you how many keys are in the adapter and how many can be written. (Adapters which don't support pairing can store 0 keys, precisely.)

(10-26-2016, 09:15 PM)themanuel Wrote: [ -> ]Does "saving the link keys" mean that the keys are actually saved in the dolphin ini file?
No, that's merely a Dolphin workaround (see above). The keys are stored in the adapter.

(10-27-2016, 02:30 AM)themanuel Wrote: [ -> ][...] as long as the pairing issue requires the wiimotes to be resynced every time it does lose its appeal quite a bit.

It sounds like, short of finding a particular cheap BT adapter that happens to work to perfection, the next best solution will be to buy a replacement Wii BT module and somebody coming up with a custom made USB adapter. I expect this solution to cost about $40 but it would do the job.
Yeah, it's too bad we don't have more adapters that work perfectly.

(10-27-2016, 02:56 AM)Invader Wrote: [ -> ]My revision seems to be 5276. I'm not sure if I should add a new entry or add to the existing one. The revision is listed as "?" on the current entry.
I'd suggest adding a new one, since JMC may have been using an adapter with a different revision.
So I was having some issues with getting this to work on my laptop yesterday. According to zadig, I have the Atheros AR3012 4.0 bluetooth module. What I did was reinstalled the original drivers and tested emulated bluetooth to see that working fine. I then reran zadig and installed the winusb driver. What's weird is this time, it was seeing an Atheros QCA61x4 4.1 bluetooth module, but it still had the same VID/PID values as the AR3012. Anyway, tested passthrough again and finally my wiimotes synced up and other than having to resync after exiting a game, everything was working perfectly. Come today, I tried running dolphin again and my wiimote wouldn't sync anymore. Any idea why?
My integrated BT adapter does the same thing: it works quite well and even remembers synced Wiimotes without any issues. But it will randomly stop working properly, and when this happens, you cannot connect any remote anymore, whether it was synced or not. Maybe you have an adapter that does this… If it's an external adapter, try unplugging and replugging it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25