Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
I've opened PR 4385 to add that option, which means there are PR builds for it.

Here's the link for Windows: https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-4385-d...est-x64.7z

Note: you need to set the VID and PID, and DisableDescriptorCheck to True.
(10-25-2016, 09:38 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]I've opened PR 4385 to add that option, which means there are PR builds for it.

Here's the link for Windows: https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-4385-d...est-x64.7z

Note: you need to set the VID and PID, and DisableDescriptorCheck to True.

Thank you!

Update: It's working, and it seems to be working very well! Need to do some more testing. My only complaint is i get a message telling me the adapter isn't compatible or something every time i launch a game, but that can probably be ignored with panic handlers off correct?

Grimshak

So, I don't yet have a bluetooth adapter but will be picking one up. Does anybody have any recommendations? Maybe one that they have tried and has worked with the bluetooth passthrough?

Thanks!
Quote:Update: It's working, and it seems to be working very well! Need to do some more testing. My only complaint is i get a message telling me the adapter isn't compatible or something every time i launch a game, but that can probably be ignored with panic handlers off correct?
May be a false positive. Has Dolphin logged an error? (Note that since it's a OSD message, disabling panic handlers will not help.)
(10-26-2016, 01:21 AM)Grimshak Wrote: [ -> ]So, I don't yet have a bluetooth adapter but will be picking one up. Does anybody have any recommendations? Maybe one that they have tried and has worked with the bluetooth passthrough?

Thanks!

The Wii Bluetooth module is the best adapter you can find and use. The Azio BTD-V201 doesn't seem too bad either.
(10-25-2016, 05:30 PM)snowyninja Wrote: [ -> ]I recently emailed mayflash about dolphinbar compatibility and got this:

"Dear Eddie,

Thanks for your message.
Dolphinbar cannot support Bluetooth Passthrough at present, But we will
manage to fixed this problem later, Please keep attention to us with thanks.

BEST REGARDS
MAYFLASH SERVICE TEAM"

So looks like a firmware update may be somewhere in the pipeline

Also thanks to the devs for this feature, sound works on my 2007 wiimote and I can use third party ones that don't cost $70 for the occasional Mario Party

Maybe its just the google translation, but it almost sounds like they already know about this. Its probably likely we wont see a new firmware until bluetooth passthrough gets into the stable build of Dolphin. Mayflash will probably want to make it an easy plug and play feature, so all you have to do is select emulated bluetooth or passhrough bluetooth in settings and then play. Safest bet for that is waiting until the feature is finished. They could just add a "mode 4b" where you just longpress the mode button while on mode 4 and it directly becomes a bluetooth adapter but this would mean more work for the user.
After digging up a little, I stumbled upon iFixit teardown of Nintendo Wii U. It uses a Broadcom BCM20702 chip, if the BCM20702A0 you guys have is just a "retail" version of the module used on Wii U, I think we found another adapter with perfect compatibility Big Grin
(10-26-2016, 01:51 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]After digging up a little, I stumbled upon iFixit teardown of Nintendo Wii U. It uses a Broadcom BCM20702 chip, if the BCM20702A0 you guys have is just a "retail" version of the module used on Wii U, I think we found another adapter with perfect compatibility Big Grin

That looks like the Bluetooth and Wifi Module are part of the same card. This might just be a replacement part but here is a better view of the port https://ortzgaming.com/products/original...7670023559

The bluetooth module for the Wii was useful because it connects to the system using USB, so it can be fairly easily connected to a PC by just adding a cable to it, but the one for the WiiU looks like it has a different connection type. If it isn't USB you will probably need some custom hardware to run it properly, and then you have to deal with the Wifi module aswell.
I have bt bcm2045, the retail versión of wii module. And doesnt work fine on passthrough. It wont remember pairing. So, it s not a secure thing.

The other thread has a lot of useful info.

Compatibility list must have at least:

-one button pair support when relaunch the game

-4 wiimotes at the same time (some dongles cant handle that in passthrough)

-pid vid of the adapter
Oh, your looking for the same chips in devices like dongles? I think the Wii's modules are going to be specialized for the console in some way, so the only perfect connection is going to come from the exact module out of a Wii or something made specifically for connecting wii remotes to Dolphin. (best case is a Dolphinbar firmware that can get perfect connection, worst case, they have to release a Dolphinbar 3 for perfect connection.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25