Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
You should not add the Wii BT Adapter ID (or the ID of any BT Adapter) in the USB Passthrough list. It's already handled internally by Dolphin.
Oh, thats great. Thanks both for the info.

Since Im using onboard bt module like a normal bt, I was afraid dolphin can take this adapter instead of the wii bt module one.
If you tell Dolphin which adapter to use (by VID/PID), Dolphin will only try to use that one.
But, first will look for wii bt module vid/pid, even if it s not forced, right?
No. If you've forced an adapter, Dolphin will only look for that adapter. If not, it will use any Bluetooth adapter it can find and use. The order is not guaranteed by libusb.

DemirHerif

I tested some adapters, here is the results:

Trust 18187 (BCM20702A0)
VID: 0A5C
PID: 21E8
REV: 0112
Works?: Yes, but requires force the adapter.
Stable?: Yes, but starts lag after 25-30 minutes. Reconnecting the Wiimote has solves the problem. And adapter stops working after HCI resets (stopping emulation, going back to system menu etc.). But, when I pressing any button on the wiimote, it's connects again.
Remembers Pairings?: I have two RVL-CNT-01 (genuine) wiimotes but the adapter is remembers only one wiimote.
Audio: Good
Range: Long

Hama Nano Bluetooth USB Adapter 2.1 (00049232)
VID: 0A12
PID: 0001
REV: 5276
Works?: Yes, but requires force the adapter.
Stable?: Yes, but starts lag after 30-45 minutes. Reconnecting the Wiimote has solves the problem. Yes it's same again. Adapter stops working after HCI resets (stopping emulation, going back to system menu etc.). But, when I pressing any button on the wiimote, it's connects again.
Remembers Pairings?: Yes, tested with two wiimotes. It's remembers.
Audio: Good
Range: Long

Tecom Cyber-Blue Smallest USB V2.0 (CSR)
VID: 0A12
PID: 0001
REV: 0134
Works?: No, I tried everything but the emulator stucks on black boot screen Sad

McWhiskey

I'm hoping for some help. I have a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Bluetooth 4.1. This is listed on the wiki as:

Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A 0B05 1825 0001 Yes Yes [6] Yes Good Very long

The thing is I can run stable for well over 30 minutes, which is in contradiction to the [6] call out. But I can't get the pairing to be remembered, again in contradiction to the listing. I am pressing the red button each and every time. My VID and PID are identical. I don't know the rev nor where to find it. I've done the following sevreal times and each time it is the same.

Just to be sure I followed the wiki again.
I downloaded the latest Dolphin 5.0-3378.
I redownloaded zadig.
I loaded libusbK.
I checked "passthrough a bluetooth adapter"
I checked "background input"
I loaded a game.
I pressed and held 1+2
--- the wiimote flashed a bunch of times but nothing.
I pushed the "sync" button on the emu.
I pushed the red button on the wiimote.
--- it synced and worked flawlessly (as it did in the past)
I closed all the programs.
I reopened them.
I loaded the same game.
I pressed and held 1+2
I pressed the sync button on the emu.
I pressed and held 1+2
I pushed the "sync" button on the emu.
I pushed the red button on the wiimote.
--- it synced and worked flawlessly

Any ideas?
Once the wiimote is properly paired, you only need to press A and it connects. If you are able to setup a nand dump, try pairing the wiimote via the sync buttons inside the system menu.

You can find out the revision of your bluetooth adapter in the device manager. Right click on the device -> properties -> details -> hardware ids.

Last but not least, there's some file in the Dolphin folder that stores the pairings, but i forgot which one that is. Maybe it got corrupted and you need to delete it, so it's properly rebuild. Try the thing with a portable.txt in the folder where the Dolphin.exe is, to find out if it might be related to that.
The files to delete if pressing a doesn't sync are Wii/shared2/sys/SYSCONF and Wii/btdinf.bak.

McWhiskey

Thanks for the quick replies.

I have rev 0001 same as the wiki.

"If you are able to setup a nand dump, try pairing the wiimote via the sync buttons inside the system menu."
I have never done a NAND dump and I would need a little more detail on the "sync buttons inside the system menu." Is this just meaning options -> controller settings -> sync?

"Try the thing with a portable.txt in the folder where the Dolphin.exe"
This removed all of my settings, saved games, banners, etc. But after going through the sync process again, it didn't remember the pairing.

"The files to delete if pressing a doesn't sync are Wii/shared2/sys/SYSCONF and Wii/btdinf.bak"
Both of those files do not exist. In fact, both of those locations are empty (other than the shared2 folder.) Yes I have show hidden files on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25