Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
How are you syncing your Wiimote? It should be done as with a Wii, syncing in Dolphin + pressing the sync button on the Wiimote.

If that still doesn't work, a USB capture would be helpful to figure out where things went wrong (see above).

SpammyMcSpamSpam

Yup that's how I am doing it. I don't see the instructions for the USB capture in this post...?
Ok - after longer testing I'm confused. I was thinking, that my BT-400 is remembering one Wiimote, but after windows restart I couldn't sync any with only pressing A (I had to use Dolphin sync hotkey + red button in wiimote)...
Next thing is that even if I sync one wiimote, after a while my moves start to stutter (game itself is constant 60FPS) ... don't know what is root cause of it ... when i press "off" button on wiimote, and turn it on again everything is OK again for a while and then again - stutters ...

SpammyMcSpamSpam

I was able to get this to work by choosing the libusb drivers instead of the WinUSB drivers. Didn't the instructions say choose WinUSB or was I just blind?
I can't for the life of me get any Wiimote I possess to sync. Tried a first gen Wiimote (2006), the golden Skyward Sword Wiimote and the Mario/Luigi edition ones, which are I believe the latest kind.
I have the Asus BT-400 (BCM20702A0) VID : 0B05    PID : 17CF Bluetooth adapter integrated in my Asus motherboard, I've used Zadig correctly as well as edited the Dolphin INI file with the right VID and PID values converted to decimal. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the Bluetooth adapter, tried WinUSB and libUSB in Zadig.

When I start a game with Bluetooth Passthrough enabled, it hangs on a black screen for at least 20 seconds (it can go passed 1 minute) and then the game starts. It takes about as long to shut down.
When in-game I press the sync button in Dolphin, "Scanning for Wii Remotes" appears for less than 1 second, nothing happens if I press the sync button on the Wiimote even if I hammer the Dolphin sync button while the Wiimote is still blinking.

According to the Wiki page it seems that the Bluetooth adapter is stuck in a broken state, and I have to unplug it.
Problem is, I can't unplug it, it's integrated in the mobo   Confused
Hmm, so it looks like all BT-400 (integrated or not) don't work very well… It looks like BCM20702A0 based adapters tend to work well, except for the BT-400.

If you can't unplug it, you can try reinstalling Windows's Bluetooth driver; that is sometimes enough to reset the adapter.

Japa

I have here a wireshark USB capture of my bluetooth device while I try to sync a third party wiimote (Says "Motion 2in 1" on it)

I don't know how to read it myself, but maybe it's useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xokyis56yovngf....pcap?dl=0

An original nintendo wiimote syncs fine with dolphin (No inbuilt motion plus, but with the red sync button, if it matters), and this third party wiimote works fine with the owner's wii, so I'm not sure what's up.
Your adapter is simply not seeing the third-party Wiimote at all. It's doing an inquiry, but there's no inquiry result. Sounds like a defective adapter, since you say it works fine with a Wii.

Japa

Not surprised, it's old, and pretty crappy all round, though I was able to sniff the mac address of the wiimote in question in linux, but didn't get anything else.
(11-06-2016, 06:27 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, so it looks like all BT-400 (integrated or not) don't work very well… It looks like BCM20702A0 based adapters tend to work well, except for the BT-400.

If you can't unplug it, you can try reinstalling Windows's Bluetooth driver; that is sometimes enough to reset the adapter.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled, did nothing sadly. Maybe a fresh install of Windows, I don't know…
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25