Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(10-24-2016, 11:37 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]It's not being recognised as a Bluetooth adapter because bInterfaceClass is 255 (vendor-specific), and not 1 (wireless) as it should normally be.

I'm not sure how this can be fixed in a clean way. The Linux kernel matches your adapter by the vendor and interface info; maybe we should do this in Dolphin as well.

Good catch! I was looking over the changes in 5.0-910 to see how capable devices were detected. Looks like it uses bInterfaceClass in WII_IPC_HLE_Device_usb_bt_real.cpp.

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/b...al.cpp#L96

So yeah, my device would fail that check with its value set to 255. Tongue

GLaDOS

Does this fix Wiimotes on netplay?
Bluetooth passthrough does not work in netplay at all.
(10-24-2016, 11:30 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Netplay will definitely not be possible with Bluetooth passthrough.

With emulated Bluetooth, real Wiimotes currently cannot be used on netplay AFAIK but it may be possible to make that work in the future, unlike passthrough.
(10-24-2016, 07:59 PM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]My Dolphin bar seems to indeed have the latest firmware so I can't use it as sensor bar >_<

With some soldering skills you can make it power the IR LEDs all the time, I did this on mine...
So is Bluetooth pass through better than the Dolphin Bar? I'm still kinda confused about that
Surely looks like it, yeah. At least according to the part I read about immediately noticing a difference when using it in Skyward Sword.
Nothing beats the Wii Bluetooth module Wink

Honestly, that depends on your adapter. If it's decent, it will probably be better than the DolphinBar, because Wiimotes can actually be disconnected, there are no issues with Wiimote audio or with M+ detection and third-party Wiimotes work flawlessly even on Windows.

It'd be great if Mayflash could release an update to expose the underlying Bluetooth adapter in the DolphinBar, or sold an adapter that works perfectly with passthrough mode.
I had 2 dolphinbars burn out, a defect with the old model caused overheating. I recently got a 3rd bar and it was the new model (with an on/off switch and comes in a box without a plastic window) I also heard the new model wont overheat. The new model always keeps the IRLEDs on even with the latest firmware so you could use that as your IRbar and a passthrough bluetooth. I am hoping they will release a firmware that will add native passtrough support, but is it possible to add it with a hacked firmware?
I will try passthrough with an old Microsoft bluetooth 2.0 dongle i have. I have a new Toshiba bluetooth dongle but i dont want to break it, is there any risk with installing different drivers on bluetooth adapters like this?
Oh, so the model with the on/off switch is the new model?
Probably possible with a custom firmware, but that's very risky and you'll likely just end up with a bricked DolphinBar.

Drivers are not installed on the adapter; they're (basically) pieces of software that your system uses to communicate with devices. So there's no risk for your adapters.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25