Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Could be an adapter limitation, though it's definitely a strange one...

Just to be sure, this also happens in titles like the System Menu, right? Some games may prevent secondary remotes from being connected.
(10-27-2017, 12:35 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Could be an adapter limitation, though it's definitely a strange one...

Just to be sure, this also happens in titles like the System Menu, right? Some games may prevent secondary remotes from being connected.

Correct.  I tried this also with Mario Kart and a couple of other games, and even loaded the system menu in dolphin and the same happens in all cases.  Dang! This is my second BT adapter and I was hoping this would be the perfect one for BT passthrough.  It is only a minor inconvenience but if I knew I could have everything work perfectly with another one, I would have had that one instead.  There doesn't seem to be many choices, though.

Do you use an adapter that doesn't have this particular issue and works well in all other respects?
It's been a while since I last played a game in Dolphin (made fixes instead of using it lol), but my laptop's built-in adapter (Intel AC 7260) works pretty well - sound, pairing with several remotes, auto reconnecting after an ES_Launch.

Some people have been using an actual Wii Bluetooth module with Dolphin, which works best.
Thanks for the feedback.  I have been waiting for that custom Wii BT adapter dongle that armada was trying to get manufactured but I haven't seen much movement there so I bought this one instead to hold me over, at only $12.

One last question:
Do you know where in the Wii's NAND are the wiimote pairing keys stored?
I've been wondering if I can pair my wiimotes with my actual Wii first and then copy the keys to dolphin so that the wiimotes can be paired with both simultaneously.
I recommend updating the wiki page to indicate that the Kinivo BT-400 does not automatically reconnect more than one remote. This was my experience, as well as that of two other users in the forums. If it worked for somebody but not for others, then it should not show up as green on the wiki as this mislead others as it did me.

Also, when connect through USB 3.0, the wii remote eventually becomes unstable and I have to turn it off and reconnect it (by pressing any button), although this happens very rarely on my USB 2.0 ports. This might be an issue with my setup so perhaps this note should not be added to the wiki but be warned.

Overall, I was not very happy with this module and ended up ordering a Wii BT module and a 3.3v regulator to wire it into a USB cable. This works great, of course.

I registered on the wiki to make the update myself but it doesn't allow me to make any changes.
(11-06-2017, 11:26 PM)themanuel Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend updating the wiki page to indicate that the Kinivo BT-400 does not automatically reconnect more than one remote.  This was my experience, as well as that of two other users in the forums.  If it worked for somebody but not for others, then it should not show up as green on the wiki as this mislead others as it did me.  

Also, when connect through USB 3.0, the wii remote eventually becomes unstable and I have to turn it off and reconnect it (by pressing any button), although this happens very rarely on my USB 2.0 ports.  This might be an issue with my setup so perhaps this note should not be added to the wiki but be warned.  

Overall, I was not very happy with this module and ended up ordering a Wii BT module and a 3.3v regulator to wire it into a USB cable.  This works great, of course.

I registered on the wiki to make the update myself but it doesn't allow me to make any changes.

I agree with you, i´m very dissapointed with Kinivo BT-400, it doesn´t automatically reconnect the wiimotes, and (At least for me) it becomes unstable after a few minutes (few seconds if you´re playing a game that uses wiimotion plus, like skyward sword or wii sport resort) and doesn´t matter if i use a USB 2.0 port, or 3.0 port.
For the BT Passthrough I've always used WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) drivers without problems...now I've discovered that I had to use libusbK (v3.0.7.0) but in fact I can't see/feel any difference...so what's the difference between them and also libusb-win32?
Thanks
(12-10-2017, 08:27 PM)dephined Wrote: [ -> ]For the BT Passthrough I've always used WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) drivers without problems...now I've discovered that I had to use libusbK (v3.0.7.0) but in fact I can't see/feel any difference...so what's the difference between them and also libusb-win32?
Thanks

I never knew you could do BT passthrough without installing libUSBK with ZaDig.  Are you sure you were actually using passthrough and not just the emulated BT functionality?
Yes, I installed WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) using Zadig (other Zadig options were/are libusb-win32 and libusbK (v3.0.7.0))
(12-13-2017, 03:05 AM)dephined Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I installed WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) using Zadig (other Zadig options were/are libusb-win32 and libusbK (v3.0.7.0))

Wierd.  I thought WinUSB... was the default windows driver.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25