Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
(10-29-2016, 03:24 AM)barat Wrote: [ -> ]...
Too bad that syncing procedure is not comfortable ... maybe there will be a way to bot have to press Sync in Dolphin settings each time I want to play?
You can use a hotkey for the sync button.

Also, you don't really have to sync every time (unless your adapter is broken). The sync button is supposed to work like on a Wii: to sync a Wii Remote, you have to press the sync button on the Wii, and on the remote. Then it's synced and you only have to press any button to reconnect the Wii remote.

PS: if possible, please add your test result to the wiki!
So I assigned shortcut for sync, but after syncing (only using red button on wiimote), and exiting the game I cannot re-sync pressing 1+2 nor red sync without pressing Dolphin sync shortcut ... it seems that my BT doesn't remember synced wiimotes Sad
Why do you want to resync an already synced remote? If you use the red sync button, the Wii remote will not connect to Dolphin, and will instead wait for pairing (connection) requests from Dolphin. Which is why you need to press the sync button in Dolphin.

If you just press the A button, does that reconnect your remote?
No success ...

1. Turning game on (Wii Sport & Resort)
  2. Pressing F4 (my sync shortcut) and red button on wiimote - I have sync in 1-2s
  3. Pressing Esc (closing game)
  4. Starting game once again
  5. Pressing "A" on wiimote - no sync
  6. Pressing 1+2 - no sync
  7. Pressing F4 + Red button = sync in 1-2s ...
Seems that my adapter can't remember wiimotes Sad
I dont think that "broken" is the right word for it not remembering parings. It just looks like older and low end bluetooth adapters just didnt bother to include a way to store paring info on the device itself since thats usually handled by software anyway. Anyway you may have to close Dolphin completely before it will pair again, if that doesnt work try disconnecting the the adapter and plugging it back in. (if you are using a built in adapter a restart might be the only option.)

Mopheus

(10-28-2016, 07:04 AM)themanuel Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing.  That looks exactly like the one I have and yet mine does not remember parings.  While connected it works great but as soon as I exit the game the connection is gone forever and I have to sync again when launching any game.  It does work great with emulated BT, has great range and never, ever disconnects.
Can you please post your PID, VID and Rev?
You may as well post it on the Wiki, like leolam requested.
Thanks.

Actually, I think I'm gonna need some help to get the BT adapter info, how do we get that ?
I don't even know how accurate the wiki compatibility table is because my laptop's integrated adapter (VID: 0CF3, PID: 3004) cannot remember pairings no matter what I do, despite what the wiki says. I have to always press the red sync button on the wiimote for it to connect again.

Then there's the other bigger problem of it not working altogether when I restart my laptop.
You probably have a different HW revision (don't check just the VID and PID). I'm the one who added that entry and I can assure you this adapter works flawlessly, the only issue is that it might stop working after HCI resets (e.g. if you stop emulation and go to another game). Disabling and enabling the adapter is enough to make it work again when that happens. Manually disconnecting the Wiimotes before triggering a HCI reset event also prevents the adapter from stopping working...
(10-29-2016, 02:22 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]You probably have a different HW revision (don't check just the VID and PID). I'm the one who added that entry and I can assure you this adapter works flawlessly, the only issue is that it might stop working after HCI resets (e.g. if you stop emulation and go to another game). Disabling and enabling the adapter is enough to make it work again when that happens. Manually disconnecting the Wiimotes before triggering a HCI reset event also prevents the adapter from stopping working...

Same revision here. Hardware IDs show "VID_0CF3&PID_3004&REV_0001".

How can I disable/enable the adapter? Whenever I install winusb, the device seems to disappear from the Device Manager.
(10-29-2016, 03:04 PM)georaldc Wrote: [ -> ]How can I disable/enable the adapter? Whenever I install winusb, the device seems to disappear from the Device Manager.

Here I can do that by hitting the wireless button (but that may vary from laptop to laptop) or through Device Manager (it shows up in Universal Serial Bus Devices after installing WinUSB driver). And regarding the adapter, could you post your HW IDs of the WiFi adapter (especially SUBSYS)?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25