Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
It looks like at this point in time, you are all better off with a cheap wireless sensor bar and a cheap BT 4.0 adapter. Maybe I'm just lucky but I bought the cheapest 4.0 I could find and it immediately worked perfectly with Dolphin. Before that, I had an old 3.0 lying around and had poor range, would disconnect often, etc. but all of that is now history with the new one.

I need to try my 4.0 adapter with the new passthrough functionality to see if it does that well too.
(10-25-2016, 04:46 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]It'd be great if Mayflash could release an update to expose the underlying Bluetooth adapter in the DolphinBar, or sold an adapter that works perfectly with passthrough mode.

(10-25-2016, 04:46 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]It'd be great if Mayflash could release an update to expose the underlying Bluetooth adapter in the DolphinBar, or sold an adapter that works perfectly with passthrough mode.

Just in case they're reading. Wink
(10-24-2016, 11:42 PM)Kodiack Wrote: [ -> ][...]
So yeah, my device would fail that check with its value set to 255. Tongue

I wonder if it would be worth adding an option to disable that descriptor check. If you want, you can try your adapter with this version and see if it works after disabling the check: https://github.com/leoetlino/dolphin/com...80f661047d

To disable the check, set DisableDescriptorCheck to True under the [BluetoothPassthrough] config section in your Dolphin.ini.
Sadly, my adapter does not remember the pairing keys which is a deal breaker for me. I'll look into getting another. In the meantime, I'm back to emaulted Wiimotes. Another disadvantage of the passthrough feature, although a relatively minor one, is that if you use your wiimotes both for dolphin and a real Wii, you need to resync every time you switch between the two devices.
If someone were to use Bluetooth passthrough on Mac OS X 10.9 or earlier, what would they need to do?

(I'm on 10.11, but I have a Hackintosh, so I don't think the restriction will apply. I can tell Clover to ignore the adapter, or not load the Bluetooth kext, or a myriad of other options really.)

I'm very anxious to try this out. I have something like five different Bluetooth adapters laying around; none of them are on the compatibility list but presumably at least one of them will work.
(10-24-2016, 11:30 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Netplay will definitely not be possible with Bluetooth passthrough.

With emulated Bluetooth, real Wiimotes currently cannot be used on netplay AFAIK but it may be possible to make that work in the future, unlike passthrough.
For emulated Bluetooth, if it would be possible to make real Wii remotes work in netplay, then is it possible that TAS input could be made to work as well?
(10-25-2016, 06:24 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it would be worth adding an option to disable that descriptor check. If you want, you can try your adapter with this version and see if it works after disabling the check: https://github.com/leoetlino/dolphin/com...80f661047d

To disable the check, set DisableDescriptorCheck to True under the [BluetoothPassthrough] config section in your Dolphin.ini.

Hopefully that'll work. I'll be testing this tomorrow after I finish up an exam. Smile

snowyninja

I recently emailed mayflash about dolphinbar compatibility and got this:

"Dear Eddie,

Thanks for your message.
Dolphinbar cannot support Bluetooth Passthrough at present, But we will
manage to fixed this problem later, Please keep attention to us with thanks.

BEST REGARDS
MAYFLASH SERVICE TEAM"

So looks like a firmware update may be somewhere in the pipeline

Also thanks to the devs for this feature, sound works on my 2007 wiimote and I can use third party ones that don't cost $70 for the occasional Mario Party

Mabel

(10-25-2016, 06:24 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it would be worth adding an option to disable that descriptor check. If you want, you can try your adapter with this version and see if it works after disabling the check: https://github.com/leoetlino/dolphin/com...80f661047d

I also have the [color=black]Broadcom BCM20702A0 adapter, so I compiled your commit.
[/color]
[color=black]At first it was giving me the same error, that no usable Bluetooth device was found. However, I tried out Kodiack's workaround by inputting the decimal VID and PID of my adapter in the dolphin.ini file, and it went right through.[/color]
[color=black]Testing with Skyward Sword I got to the calibration screen, the Wiimote calibrated, and I had full control over the cursor on the screen. It never felt smoother.[/color]

So it does look like this solution has merit in that disabling the check does allow for this particular adapter to be used. There's something causing a hang on my machine when loading into actual games preventing me from testing it out more thoroughly, but it's unrelated to the changes as the non-modified 5.0-rev1134 also hangs even when emulating a Wiimote instead. So it's safe to ignore that while I troubleshoot what's going on there.
(10-25-2016, 07:27 PM)Mabel Wrote: [ -> ]I also have this adapter and can't get it to work even with converting the hex to decimal for the id's and entering them into the config ini file. Unfortunately i don't know how to compile or anything like that. Do you or anyone think they could upload a build with this commit? I would like to test it. Big Grin

I also have the [color=black]Broadcom BCM20702A0 adapter, so I compiled your commit.
[/color]
[color=black]At first it was giving me the same error, that no usable Bluetooth device was found. However, I tried out Kodiack's workaround by inputting the decimal VID and PID of my adapter in the dolphin.ini file, and it went right through.[/color]
[color=black]Testing with Skyward Sword I got to the calibration screen, the Wiimote calibrated, and I had full control over the cursor on the screen. It never felt smoother.[/color]

So it does look like this solution has merit in that disabling the check does allow for this particular adapter to be used. There's something causing a hang on my machine when loading into actual games preventing me from testing it out more thoroughly, but it's unrelated to the changes as the non-modified 5.0-rev1134 also hangs even when emulating a Wiimote instead. So it's safe to ignore that while I troubleshoot what's going on there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25