Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Right, I totally forgot about that sync button in the battery department ^_^
So, it does work. However, not the set it and forget it thing. In every game I started, I needed to open input config, reset, sync again, then it worked.
Wiimote speaker works nicely, though. Motion+ I can't really say. Not better or worse than before. Sword still needs re-calibration in Sports Resort sword fight after heavy samurai slicing moves (but so it does on the real Wii, right? Haven't been able to play it there for years).
My Dolphin bar seems to indeed have the latest firmware so I can't use it as sensor bar >_<
So for now I'd like to reverse the bluetooth driver and hope there might still be improvement on wiimote speaker in the future for emulated bluetooth.
What do I do to reverse? Do I just install libusb-win32? Or which one?
Yeah, pairing may or may not work depending on your adapter; some don't handle pairing correctly (no link key storage on the adapter at all) and with those adapters, you have to pair every time you start a game. Which is annoying, to say the least.

To revert, you have to install the Bluetooth driver (so it probably doesn't have libusb in the name).
Would be nice to see more detailed guide about moding Dolphin Bluetooth Module ... some kind of step by step or so.
This shows a little:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...c-usb-port
But making a real guide from it may be nice Smile
Hmm, having some nasty issues with the integrated Bluetooth adapter in my X99-PRO/USB 3.1 motherboard. Zadig installed the WinUSB driver okay and I can see it reflected in Device Manger on the device I'd expect (the VID and PID values match), but when I try to load it in Dolphin it just ever-so-generically says that "no usable Bluetooth USB device was found". I even tried converting the VID and PID values to decimal and putting them into Dolphin's INI file, but no dice.

The adapter works using the vendor-provided and default Windows drivers, so it may just be an incompatibility. Still, it's a shame that no one else seems to have had this issue, judging by the troubleshooting section on the wiki. Sad Will have to try it in Arch when I reboot and see if it's any better there.

For what it's worth, my device is detected as BCM20702A0 with VID 0B05 and PID 17CF.
Since you have Arch, could you post the output of lsusb -v? Maybe it's not being properly detected as a Bluetooth adapter, so lsusb will likely be helpful to troubleshoot this.

Also, make sure you have error logging enabled and there are no errors in Dolphin's log
I will certainly try the new feature this week.
This wasn't mentioned in the blog post but, is netplay still not possible when using passthrough mode, per the wiki article?
Also, is that just an issue with real wiimotes in general, not just the passthrough feature?
Bleh, no luck in Arch either after setting up the udev rules. Same error message here. :\

Here's what lsusb -v shows for the Bluetooth adapter:

http://pastebin.com/u41cCjgS

This adapter seems pretty bunk.
Quote:This wasn't mentioned in the blog post but, is netplay still not possible when using passthrough mode, per the wiki article?
Netplay will definitely not be possible with Bluetooth passthrough.

With emulated Bluetooth, real Wiimotes currently cannot be used on netplay AFAIK but it may be possible to make that work in the future, unlike passthrough.
Blargh, not sure what's up with this Bluetooth adapter. Passthrough definitely does not work. Double-checked the udev rules and ensured that the driver was unloaded, and nothing. Dolphin just says it can't find a "usable Bluetooth USB device". I can pair Wiimotes in both Windows and Linux just fine without passthrough, but passthrough is just completely dead in the water for me. :\

Not sure if it's the adapter or an easily overlooked Dolphin bug at this point.
It's not being recognised as a Bluetooth adapter because bInterfaceClass is 255 (vendor-specific), and not 1 (wireless) as it should normally be.

I'm not sure how this can be fixed in a clean way. The Linux kernel matches your adapter by the vendor and interface info; maybe we should do this in Dolphin as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25