Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-03-2011, 03:00 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Uncheck Idle Skipping

It doesn't help...
I consistently get crashes when Samus uses her final smash and starts to transform. Before I was getting the dreaded compile at 0 error but now it just freezes the frame. I've tried disabling Dual Core and Idle Skipping and using LLE but it still crashes. I'm using 3.0 on the laptop in my sig, all settings default except Audio throttle off. Is anyone else having this problem? I have an uncompressed ISO dumped with Cleanrip, so none of that missing movies stuff.
could you give us the save for all the characters! Big Grin
Here's an NTSC one.

EDIT: Can the admins add more filetypes that can be attached? I can't attach a .bin or a .rar so I had to compress to a .zip.

xfisjmg1

Hello all! New guy here, not only to the forums but also to Dolphin. I've been playing around with Dolphin on OS X, trying to get Brawl running perfectly. As of now I've got 60FPS on everything I've tested, including cutscenes. I can't, however, figure out this lighting issue:

[Image: brawl1.png]

At least, I assume it's a lighting issue. It's not just Yoshi—all the models experience this in some way. I read through the last 20 pages of this thread and saw one other user on OS X had this problem, but the possible solution was to "set EFB copy to texture". I'm running Dolphin 3.0 and don't see that in any of the menus, is it from an old revision? Or am I just looking in the wrong spot?

If anyone knows how to fix this issue, that'd be awesome. I'm looking to do a Let's Play of this game in the near future using Dolphin, and this seems to be the final wrinkle to iron out.

Specs:
Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8
i7 920 quad-core 2.7ghz
12gb Corsair Dominator RAM (1600mhz)
EVGA 9800gtx+
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5
(08-19-2011, 01:45 AM)xfisjmg1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all! New guy here, not only to the forums but also to Dolphin. I've been playing around with Dolphin on OS X, trying to get Brawl running perfectly. As of now I've got 60FPS on everything I've tested, including cutscenes. I can't, however, figure out this lighting issue:

[Image: brawl1.png]

At least, I assume it's a lighting issue. It's not just Yoshi—all the models experience this in some way. I read through the last 20 pages of this thread and saw one other user on OS X had this problem, but the possible solution was to "set EFB copy to texture". I'm running Dolphin 3.0 and don't see that in any of the menus, is it from an old revision? Or am I just looking in the wrong spot?

If anyone knows how to fix this issue, that'd be awesome. I'm looking to do a Let's Play of this game in the near future using Dolphin, and this seems to be the final wrinkle to iron out.

Specs:
Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8
i7 920 quad-core 2.7ghz
12gb Corsair Dominator RAM (1600mhz)
EVGA 9800gtx+
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5

Graphics/Hacks/EFB Copies/Textures...

xfisjmg1

Gah, sorry! Didn't notice that little "EFB Copies" text up there. Unfortunately, it was already set to Texture :\ Any other ideas?

These are the current settings I'm using. Keep in mind, I'm getting 60FPS already, I just need to remove that lighting bug. Thanks for the help!

[Image: dolphinconfig.png]
I believe that's a problem with Mac, but I think it can be solved with Lion. So if you were planning on upgrading to Lion, here's another reason.

LilBob

Intel Core i3 CPU M370 2.40GHz
4GB RAM
64-bit

Do Melee/Brawl require more than this to go full-speed in battles? The average speed in a match is like 85% in Melee and 70% in Brawl...sometimes I've even randomly gotten a 90% in matches for no apparent reason. Everything is perfect except for the battle speed. I've tried a few other games like Budokai 2, Wind Waker and so on and they run perfectly...are there specific settings I need for Melee/Brawl or is my computer just not quite up to snuff?
(09-10-2011, 08:05 AM)LilBob Wrote: [ -> ]Intel Core i3 CPU M370 2.40GHz
4GB RAM
64-bit

Do Melee/Brawl require more than this to go full-speed in battles? The average speed in a match is like 85% in Melee and 70% in Brawl...sometimes I've even randomly gotten a 90% in matches for no apparent reason. Everything is perfect except for the battle speed. I've tried a few other games like Budokai 2, Wind Waker and so on and they run perfectly...are there specific settings I need for Melee/Brawl or is my computer just not quite up to snuff?

What's your GPU?