Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Series - Official Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color=#1E90FF]Games:[/color]
[color=#FF4500]
[/color]Resident Evil 0 (Wii) -[color=#FF4500] Read review
[/color]Resident Evil 1 (Wii) -[color=#FF4500] Read review
[/color]Resident Evil 2 (GC) -[color=#FF4500] Read review
[/color]Resident Evil Code Veronica (GC) - [color=#FF4500]Read review
[/color]Resident Evil 3 (GC) -[color=#FF4500] Read review
[/color]Resident Evil 4 (Wii) - [color=#FF4500]Read review
[/color]Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (Wii) - [color=#FF4500]Read review
[/color]Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles (Wii) - [color=#FF4500]Read review
[/color]

[color=#1E90FF]PREREQUISITES:[/color]
Make sure you are prepared to start a game on Dolphin:
1. Update your .NET Framework
2. Update your DirectX 9
3. Install latest VisualC++ redistributable package
4. Make sure your video card model is supported
5. Update your video card drivers
6. Visit this link for more info on requirements

[color=#1E90FF]Emulator:[/color]
[color=#1E90FF]Cheats:[/color]
  • Option 1 - Action Replay codes: applied via AR codes tab in game specific properties
    Link 1
    Link 2
  • Option 2 - Gecko codes: applied via Gecko codes tab in game specific properties

[color=#1E90FF]Dolphin 3.0 configuration:[/color]

[Image: RE_all.png]

[color=#1E90FF]Specifics[/color]
[color=#FF4500]
  • RE All - Experiment with "Accurate VBeam emulation" in game specific properties as it gives a nice speedup for *SOME* Resident Evil games but might also break some stuff.
  • RE 0 & RE 1 - Use HLE as it works perfect with those games and has much less performance impact compared to LLE.
  • RE 2 & RE 3 - Use LLE in order to hear ingame music. Disable "Force texture filtering" and set internal resolution to "4x Native". "Accurate VBeam emulation" improves ingame performance BUT FPS is set to 40FPS during movies no matter what.
  • RE Code Veronica - Use LLE and check "Disable" in "EFB Copies" section (otherwise you will see black background textures)
[/color]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[color=#FF4500]RESIDENT EVIL 0[/color]
Videos: GC | Wii

[Image: 24p9qgn.jpg]

[color=#1E90FF]Resident Evil Zero begins in July 1998, one day before the events in Resident Evil, following a bizarre succession of murders in the Arklay Mountains located just outside the small mid-western town of Raccoon City. Because of the unusual nature of the murders, the Raccoon City Police Department sends six members of the elite S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics And Rescue Squad) Bravo Team including Rebecca, a young women on her first mission, to investigate.

As the team sets out in their helicopter, they spot a mysterious train stopped in the woods. Then suddenly, for some unknown reason the engine in the chopper stalls. As the chopper begins to fall into the woods the team sees a burning wagon in the distance. After the crash, the team decides to split up to investigate the two sightings. One team sets out to investigate the wagon and the other team, including Rebecca, to investigate the train. As Rebecca enters the mysterious train, the horror and the battle to survive Resident Evil Zero begins.
[/color]
[color=#1E90FF] Source: residentevilfan.com [/color]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[color=#FF4500]RESIDENT EVIL 1[/color]
Video: GC | Wii

[Image: 27xidci.jpg]

[color=#1E90FF]For years a secluded mansion and its grounds have been the site of top-secret biotechnic experiments. The research staff has been funded by a respected (if slightly unethical) corporation named Umbrella. The weekly laboratory reports have been increasingly vague and now they have stopped completely. Recent gory attacks near the mansion have lead to rumors of unnatural canines on the prowl. Something has gone terribly wrong.

Two S.T.A.R.S. teams (Special Tactics and Rescue Squad) are sent to investigate these strange and gruesome developments. Bravo Team mobilizes first and disappears almost immediately. Alpha Team follows, urgently driven towards the mansion. As either Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine, two valuable parts of the Alpha team, you work your way inside. Everything is quiet... too quiet.
[/color]

[color=#FF4500]RESIDENT EVIL 2[/color]
Video: GC

[Image: 2pyxpqa.jpg]

[color=#1E90FF]The story begins about a month and a half after the disaster at the mansion lab. Umbrella Corp develops the T-virus, a muta-genic toxin for the use in biological weapons. After breaking loose, living things mutate into all sorts of decaying creatures.

The case was eventually closed, but Umbrella's experience was far from over. Now it's the worst possible nightmare: a new virus runs rampant. All of Raccoon City is infested. Blood-thirsty zombies, hideous mutations now overwhelm the community. When Leon and Claire arrive in town their nightmare is just beginning. You must control their destiny. If the suspense doesn't kill you, something else will.
[/color]

[color=#FF4500]RESIDENT EVIL Code Veronica X[/color]

[Image: 292mwat.jpg]

[color=#1E90FF]After narrowly surviving the horrific onslaught in Raccoon City, Claire Redfield now seeks clues in search of her missing brother, Chris. The Umbrella Corporation memo read: "Confidential: Phase I -- Raccoon City. Test complete. Phase II -- Paris Facility. Fully Operational."

To her horror, she discovers Umbrella Corporation's insidious activities are not isolated to the remote, mid-western city. No. Something much larger is going on here. Flesh-eating zombies, horrific beasts and even stranger mutations have spread to a global scale!

Just how far does this twisted conspiracy extend? What is Umbrella Corporation really up to? And, who is behind this bio-tech terror?
[/color]

[color=#FF4500]RESIDENT EVIL 3[/color]

[Image: 11jvo74.jpg]

[color=#1E90FF]A month and a half has passed since the incident. September has come to Raccoon City, a small industrial city in the American Midwest. People are starting to forget the chaos at the mansion as their lives return to normal. They hoped it was all over. But then it happened again. Suddenly a series of inexplicable murders occurred and a strange disease began invading neighborhoods. T-Virus was flowing into the city...

The invisible plague snuck up silently and turned the unsuspecting citizens into monsters. People cursed their foolishness, but the nightmare had already begun. The future was out of their control.

Raccoon City was on the brink of collapse...
[/color]

[color=#FF4500]RESIDENT EVIL 4[/color]
Video: GC | Wii

[Image: 24m59mq.jpg]

[color=#1E90FF]In 2004, the Umbrella Corporation's secret activities within Raccoon City have become a public affair. Following an investigation conducted by the U.S. government, several Umbrella officials are implicated and prosecuted. The government indefinitely suspends Umbrella's business, bankrupting the company.

Leon S. Kennedy was recruited by the U.S. Secret Service after they learned of his actions in Raccoon City. Leon is sent on a mission to rescue Ashley Graham, the President's daughter, who has been kidnapped by a mysterious cult. Leon travels to a rural village in Europe, where he encounters a horde of violent villagers who pledge their lives to "Los Illuminados" ("The Enlightened Ones" in Spanish), the cult that has kidnapped Ashley.

In this fundamentally changed new sequel, the walking dead have gone back to their graves. But don't worry. Standing in for zombies are some remarkably compelling and rewarding new gameplay dynamics and a dramatically more atmospheric world than survivalists have ever seen before. Simply put, this game not only delivers on the hype, it exceeds it. You will be wowed. You will be terrified.
[/color]

[color=#FF4500]RESIDENT EVIL: Umbrella Chronicles[/color]
Video: Wii

[Image: 16a1yr4.jpg]

[color=#1E90FF]Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles is an on-rails shooter game in Capcom's Resident Evil series, released for the Wii console. The game features past games stories through a first-person perspective and does not allow free movement. It features Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil, and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis to show the events that lead to Umbrella's end in 3 scenarios with substories that were never seen before explaining other events. [/color]
[color=#1E90FF] Source: residentevil.wikia.com [/color]

[color=#FF4500]RESIDENT EVIL: The Darkside Chronicles[/color]
Video: Wii

[Image: 2j2i7tw.jpg]

[color=#1E90FF]Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles is an on-rails shooting game for the Wii. The game's plot revolves around the personal stories and tragedies in the Resident Evil series. Its main focus is retelling the events of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil - CODE: Veronica, and a new chapter is featured.[/color]
[color=#1E90FF] Source: residentevil.wikia.com [/color]
That's very nice. Thank you, wanted to play RE0 yesterday but noticed the thread was gone so I couldn't find proper settings.

tufask

(08-23-2009, 12:16 AM)tufask Wrote: [ -> ]Good idea to start a new RE-thread Smile

Well, i wonder why almost everyone recommends to turn on the bad_bloom shader for RE0 Huh
It should give a better picture-quality, but the only difference i see, is that the picture is getting really dark Undecided
So i don't see any reason for enableing this shader... Rolleyes

well, that's why I suggested to set the Post-processing shader to either (off) OR bad_bloom. bad_bloom works better with RE1 though.

tufask

I think bad bloom gives a more realistic aspect to the game, it makes it look more like a horror game, it reminds me of Silent Hill somehow. Wink

deadwind

I just found out that resident evil two works with DSP LLE meaning you can get past the main menu were it crashes. Their is still distorted sounds except for the ingame movies play full sound.

O and the menu screen works were the load game option is if you want sound with DSP HLE you just need to bypass the clair and leon scenario selection with DSP LLE on then make a save state on the next menu.
I'm looking for advices to make my Resident Evil Archives fully work, Wii version. So far everything is fine and the game runs well at 30 fps (pal version with 60Hz setting at game start).

However I can't get past ingame cut scenes except for the first ones at the beginning. I keep getting a 0 fps black screen each time : for example when playing Jill you encounter Barry in the main hall where he gives you acid grenades, this cut scene won't play and I'm now blocked because I have to get through it (another one is the cut scene where you pull the plug in the bathroom).

I'm using recommended settings, DolphinIL 64b rev 4026.
Any advice ?
(08-24-2009, 03:19 AM)Djoums Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking for advices to make my Resident Evil Archives fully work, Wii version. So far everything is fine and the game runs well at 30 fps (pal version with 60Hz setting at game start).

However I can't get past ingame cut scenes except for the first ones at the beginning. I keep getting a 0 fps black screen each time : for example when playing Jill you encounter Barry in the main hall where he gives you acid grenades, this cut scene won't play and I'm now blocked because I have to get through it (another one is the cut scene where you pull the plug in the bathroom).

I'm using recommended settings, DolphinIL 64b rev 4026.
Any advice ?

Hmm, I've never had that issue, can you test if you get this using DolphinIL 32b? Also check the prerequisites section of the initial post.

tufask