Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Series - Official Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From what I've read RE1 NTSC is better : game is perfect with good performance, only problem is the sometime cracking/missing sound but no fix yet. Although given your specs I don't think you will be able to run it at full speed.

About RE1, savestates seem to be unreliable now :o sometimes they will load but your character will be invisible (fixed by walking through a door), sometimes sound won't be working (not fixable), or worse you will get a black/frozen screen with sound running but no input possible. I think I was able to use them properly some time ago, did something change ?

Edit : comes from D3D plugin apparently, OGL is fine.
Hi guys, the good news is that RE4 should be completely playable with the new revisions. No more crashes when playing cutscenes or talking to Hunigan or opening inventory Smile. Will update the front page with this info.
Resident Evil 2 (PAL) perfect in Dolphin
Need help running resident evil 4 wii edition. I created a thread in the support section, but I figured that I might as well post the same thing here:

"This is my first time trying dolphin out and I'm using the 32 bit version of the 4357 build. I can't seem to get the game to load. I've tried both the ntsc and pal versions. Whenever I launch the iso, I will be taken to the screen where I'm shown how to connect the wii controller and then nothing will happen. I believe that after seeing this screen, the game is supposed to load, but in my case nothing happens; the said screen remains.

I followed all of the instructions in the "Getting Started With Dolphin" thread and like I said before, the game won't load. I'm not sure what the problem is, but the emulator itself seems to be loading and working properly (I can launch and set up all of the available configurations offered). Any help would really be appreciated."

My system:

intel quad core @ 2.4ghz
4gb ram pc3200
Nvidia 8800gt
Vista Ultimate 32 bit
Configure your pad/keyboard properly and it will work, the wii controller screen will stay until a button is pushed.
(10-04-2009, 10:28 PM)Djoums Wrote: [ -> ]Configure your pad/keyboard properly and it will work, the wii controller screen will stay until a button is pushed.

How would I set it up properly? I'm using the dolphin kb/360pad plugin, there doesn't seem to be anything extra that I need to do with it.

The "enter" key is the default start button for the keyboard, but when I push it at the screen where I'm told how set up the wii remote nunchucks, nothing happens. I tried with both a pal and ntsc iso and the result is the same.

Is there a specific setting/configuration that I need to use to get the game to load?
So far I've only used Dolphin to play some of my old GameCube games, and I've had great success with a few of them, and some other games are a no go.

Anyways, I've not yet had a chance to try a Wii game with Dolphin yet, so I'm not quite sure of what the problem is you're having. However looking at the KB/360pad plugin (if that's the one you're trying to use), I see that by default certain button/triggers/etc.. are already mapped to certain keys, such as the "Enter" key being set as the "Start" button. Perhaps with some key presses for your particular keyboard, it may not be reading it properly? So for example you could click on the configuration button for the "Start" button, then change it to some different key, perhaps "Space" bar key for example.

Another idea to try is a joy-to-key type of utility in which you can configure it so that when you press a button on your gamepad (so if you had a 360 Gamepad controller for example), then the little utility will simulate the same as if you pressed a certain key depending on what button your press and the configuration.

One good little utility I use for certain games in which it seems stubborn to read my gamepad properly, but it can still read key-presses from the keyboard, is XPadder.
A freeware version of XPadder you can download from the following link:
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xp...45445.html

It's easy enough to figure out, just have your joystick or gamepad plugged in, run Xpadder, set up and save your configurations to have your joystick or gamepad emulate the in-game keyboard commands, have XPadder running before your launch your game, and presto!

Hope something of that helps. Good luck!
---------------------------------------

(10-04-2009, 06:39 PM)El Explosivo Wrote: [ -> ]"This is my first time trying dolphin out and I'm using the 32 bit version of the 4357 build. I can't seem to get the game to load. I've tried both the ntsc and pal versions. Whenever I launch the iso, I will be taken to the screen where I'm shown how to connect the wii controller and then nothing will happen. I believe that after seeing this screen, the game is supposed to load, but in my case nothing happens; the said screen remains.
Thanks for the advice guys, but it looks like I'm not having any luck. I did manage to find out that my games aren't loading at all.

When I launch dolphin and click "start" without choosing any game, I get that exact wii remote setup screen. I wonder if the iso's that I'm using are bad.

Then again, when I set the path to where my game is located, dolphin recognized it immediately as Resident Evil 4 in the main menu where it lists the games that I can choose.
Hmmm... Too bad you're having troubles getting it running properly.
Try using some of the different graphic / sound / gamepad plugins and see if you can make any progress then. Also try playing around with some of the various Dolphin and plugin settings and see if that may help as well (but I assume you've already done so).

If you think it's the iso itself that may be bad (which is possible), perhaps try Dolphin and that iso on a different computer if you have access to one and see if you still have the same problems. That way you could get a better idea if it's the iso that doesn't seem to work, or if perhaps Dolphin is just stubborn to work for you properly.

Good luck.

PS: Oh yeah, perhaps you should also try downloading a couple of different versions / rebuilds of Dolphin as well. Maybe a couple of the previous versions, along with the most current up-to-date build as well: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2332.html
You might have better luck with a different version.

(10-05-2009, 08:53 AM)El Explosivo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the advice guys, but it looks like I'm not having any luck. I did manage to find out that my games aren't loading at all.

When I launch dolphin and click "start" without choosing any game, I get that exact wii remote setup screen. I wonder if the iso's that I'm using are bad.

Then again, when I set the path to where my game is located, dolphin recognized it immediately as Resident Evil 4 in the main menu where it lists the games that I can choose.
Thanks for trying to help me out again. Well, it looks like my iso's are bad. I tired RE 1 for the game cube and that works with a steady 30fps. I guess I found the culprit to my problems.