Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Series - Official Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BTW, I found out that the "white textures"-issue in The Umbrella Chronicles is produced by DList Caching, so you need to disable it for this game (which is a shame cuz it's seems to be decently faster).

f1seb

What are you guys doing to get RE Zero run properly. I've been reading this thread, trying all different versions of Dolphin 6515 being the latest one. Turning off and on all the different graphic settings and the best I can do is 25pfs and it does slow down to 12 or slower when enemies are present. It's so frustrating that I think I'll just buy the gamecube and the games themselves.

I got a Q9550
4gig of ram
2 GTX460 in SLi

Turned Sli Off
Turned fog off
Nothing makes a difference

Angry

It's always stuck @ 25fps the best and then it chugs down.
Quote:I think I'll just buy the gamecube and the games themselves.

You should already own the games if you want to play them on the emulator, emulation is not a way to get out of buying the games and the system, nor is it supposed to be a "free" alternative to the real deal so everyone can pirate to their hearts content. It's rather an enthusiasts hobby for those who want to enjoy the pros of emulation such as saving anywhere with save states, enhanced graphics, other things that the original hardware is not capable of, and those that simply want to help test games on emulators and provide feedback.

When people post saying they own neither the games or the hardware, it makes both the project and site look bad in the eyes of the big "N" and could possibly cause legal trouble down the road. It's good that most emulation forums don't offer any support for piracy as it keeps them from being hounded by the corporate suits and their lawyers.

Now go buy the games and the system. Wink
(12-16-2010, 01:30 PM)f1seb Wrote: [ -> ]What are you guys doing to get RE Zero run properly. I've been reading this thread, trying all different versions of Dolphin 6515 being the latest one. Turning off and on all the different graphic settings and the best I can do is 25pfs and it does slow down to 12 or slower when enemies are present. It's so frustrating that I think I'll just buy the gamecube and the games themselves.

I got a Q9550
4gig of ram
2 GTX460 in SLi

Turned Sli Off
Turned fog off

Angry

something I found out is that when you uncheck "enable CPU access" the game runs quite better; if it is the PAL version of the game, it won't run as smooth as the NTSC version, not to mention that the games sound is screwed and, though they had fixed the problem before, the game doesn't run as good as it did in previous revisions Angry
(12-16-2010, 03:09 AM)zezoman Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested r6587 and there is neither the grapgical bug nor the oil can bug. I checked RE1 Wii PAL.
Thanks! I also tested r6587 playing RE1 GC NTSC and I still have the same graphical bug, but at least I can use the canteen. Big Grin
I'll try to find the broken revision as [SS] Starscream suggested.

Btw, I also have problems running RE0 (GC PAL version) smoothly because in newer revisions I can't enable dual core (i receive a bunch of warning messages and even if I ignore them, the game crashes sooner or later). If I disable dual core, the game is stable but oh so slooow. If I use earlier revisions, I can enable dual core, but I get choppy sounds in cutscenes. :/
(12-17-2010, 12:29 AM)jusaki Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2010, 01:30 PM)f1seb Wrote: [ -> ]What are you guys doing to get RE Zero run properly. I've been reading this thread, trying all different versions of Dolphin 6515 being the latest one. Turning off and on all the different graphic settings and the best I can do is 25pfs and it does slow down to 12 or slower when enemies are present. It's so frustrating that I think I'll just buy the gamecube and the games themselves.

I got a Q9550
4gig of ram
2 GTX460 in SLi

Turned Sli Off
Turned fog off

Angry

something I found out is that when you uncheck "enable CPU access" the game runs quite better; if it is the PAL version of the game, it won't run as smooth as the NTSC version, not to mention that the games sound is screwed and, though they had fixed the problem before, the game doesn't run as good as it did in previous revisions Angry
Actually it's not aways that case, I get annoying half to one second stuttering whenever the game camera changes if I had "enable CPU access" unchecked. And when I check "enable CPU access", the stuttering still happens, but it lasts A LOT shorter than half a second, almost neglectable unless you really pay close attention to it.

I got a Q9550
4gig of ram
2 GTX460 in SLi

Turned Sli Off
Turned fog off

Angry

set fps limit 60 check the use fps for limiting i use dolphin direct9 in there i only set this scale "integral" i check the box safe textures and copy efb to texture to the other page i check load high res textures and enable opencl at sound uncheck enable audio throttle (dsp-hle that is sound config to me) that is it it must work for you by the way for zero you`d better get dolphin 6511 i was using 6515 and kept fifo my eyes and crashing so anyway....
(12-17-2010, 12:29 AM)jusaki Wrote: [ -> ]

I got a Q9550
4gig of ram
2 GTX460 in SLi

Turned Sli Off
Turned fog off

Angry

yes get ntsc way better than pal that goes for code veronica as well...
(12-17-2010, 10:11 PM)siklara Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2010, 03:09 AM)zezoman Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested r6587 and there is neither the grapgical bug nor the oil can bug. I checked RE1 Wii PAL.
Thanks! I also tested r6587 playing RE1 GC NTSC and I still have the same graphical bug, but at least I can use the canteen. Big Grin
I'll try to find the broken revision as [SS] Starscream suggested.

Btw, I also have problems running RE0 (GC PAL version) smoothly because in newer revisions I can't enable dual core (i receive a bunch of warning messages and even if I ignore them, the game crashes sooner or later). If I disable dual core, the game is stable but oh so slooow. If I use earlier revisions, I can enable dual core, but I get choppy sounds in cutscenes. :/

get 6511 but find re 0 NTSC i haven`t tested pal version in 6511 at least u can enable dual core and set it to 60 if it is ntsc...
hm, somewhere between r6554 and r6578 RE0 and RE:CV start to loose speed. E.g. in newer revs I loose about 5 FPS in RE0 and 10 FPS in RE:CV. r6553 is fine though.
yes the new builds work slow with resident evil zero ,but curious not with resident evil remake and it looks like both games have same engines ...
ahem...resident evil remake has now graphical issues it is something from those settings EFB tryed very way but still in some scenes there is no background it is black no textures ...no problem for me i use 6511 it works well with re1,2,cv,re0