Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Series - Official Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-05-2009, 11:07 PM)zezoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2009, 07:54 AM)Jackie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, testing RE Archives Zero (NTSC) right now...

Audio seems perfect. Second train carriage zombie attack music plays in full now, same with the save game room.

Before the music in these rooms had what i can only describe as "missing notes"

Using openGL as this always seems to give a sharper image.

Framerates seem not bad, messing about with settings just now. Its been ages since i had a proper go on a new rev so im re-learning lol

Will report back again soon

hm, I thought this is comming out in January...?

US version came out 1st of this month

http://www.vg247.com/2009/10/30/resident...-1-on-wii/

Im going to start playing it properly from start to finish in a few days when ive finished re-playing Mass Effect Wink
(12-06-2009, 07:15 AM)DRLC Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2009, 04:16 AM)Jackie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]Im going to start playing it properly from start to finish in a few days when ive finished re-playing Mass Effect Wink

Hi,

please can you tell me what revision you use, what settings and what's your framerate?
The best i get with both Wii-games (REmake & Zero) is 18 fps...
In the GameCube-versions of REmake & Zero i get nearly fullspeed!
Most people say that the Wii-versions run better/faster, but for me it's much slower Rolleyes
Btw., i'm using rev 4635.
Wii-versions and GameCube-versions are all NTSC.

I only messed around for about 20 mins so when i go to play it properly i'll mabey change a few things but here are my settings for now...

getting 22-25 fps. cant seem to push over 25 for some reason (i thought ntsc resi was 30fps)

General tab

enable dual core................checked
enable idle skipping............checked
unlimited jit cache.............checked
hle the ipl........................checked
jit recompiler....................selected
lock threads to cores.........checked
optimize quantizers............checked

OpenGL general

native.............................unchecked
2x..................................unchecked
fullscreen........................checked
1280x720
4:3
crop...............................unchecked

All Advanced Display Settings unchecked apart from Auto scale

anisotropic filter..............1x
AA................................off
force linear filter..............unchecked

OpenGL Advanced

all off apart from overlay fps, efb real and safe textures

rev 4641 btw....
(12-06-2009, 04:16 AM)Jackie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2009, 11:07 PM)zezoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2009, 07:54 AM)Jackie Boy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, testing RE Archives Zero (NTSC) right now...

Audio seems perfect. Second train carriage zombie attack music plays in full now, same with the save game room.

Before the music in these rooms had what i can only describe as "missing notes"

Using openGL as this always seems to give a sharper image.

Framerates seem not bad, messing about with settings just now. Its been ages since i had a proper go on a new rev so im re-learning lol

Will report back again soon

hm, I thought this is comming out in January...?

US version came out 1st of this month

http://www.vg247.com/2009/10/30/resident...-1-on-wii/

Im going to start playing it properly from start to finish in a few days when ive finished re-playing Mass Effect Wink

In other forums I read that this version has indeed better ingame music but is a bit slower then the GC version and also has problem with some cutscenes (i.e. the scene right after you kill the first zombies) ?

drunkenmunkyuk

I'm having some difficulty starting RE: Umbrella Chronicles with r4638 and earlier builds. As soon as I load the game the screen goes black and Dolphin crashes. I've tried various settings given here but it still won't work. Any ideas?
I've got a problem with umbrella chronicles in the scenario "the end of umbrella" in the scene of the lasers, I press the action key, i hear a scream and the screen turns white by a seconds after that "you're dead" is displayed..... what should i do?
guys!not start re code veronica x......what's wrong?
(12-09-2009, 08:59 AM)Maryse Ouellet Wrote: [ -> ]guys!not start re code veronica x......what's wrong?

your English is wrong Big Grin
i know!i'm not english!how I do it work resident evil code veronica x?
My charcters are not showing up only there shados are. :/

ps sorry delete my other topic.
(12-16-2009, 07:50 AM)therock247uk Wrote: [ -> ]My charcters are not showing up only there shados are. :/

ps sorry delete my other topic.

Use some newer rev, e.g. 4680 or later

Also does anyone know if it is possible to run RE0 Wii at decent speed? The GC verson is fine speed-wise but with Wii version the FPS does not exceed 19 Sad This is sad because wii version has no problems with the ingame music unlike GC version.