Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Series - Official Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

nemmyz

Anybody know why all the cutscenes and videos display as they were fast forwarded, and sometimes in-game too, and at RE remake on the hall, in some camera angles the game runs really slow and sometimes it runs like the videos(fast forward). I'm using dolphin 3.0.496

My settings are complete mess, because I've tried to change things around to make it work, if someone has similar system as me, and has got RE working correctly, I would appreciate if they told me which build they are using and what settings they use. I don't know if anybody had same problem before, but I don't want to check all the 108 pages.
Code:
Operating System:     Windows 7 32-bit
Processor/CPU:     AMD Athlon II X4 645 @ 3.10GHz
Video Card/GPU:     AMD Radeon 6670
Memory/RAM:     4GB DDR3
Dolphin Revision Currently Using:     3.0.496

(03-13-2012, 12:38 AM)Alan3002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2012, 06:32 PM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2012, 06:02 PM)Gir Wrote: [ -> ]I am playing Resident Evil 3, but i am getting annoying Gridding effect, and glitchy sound

What is recommended settings for RE3

This is what i am getting
[Image: 33ehrmf.jpg]

Could be the build of dolphin your using, you could try a slightly older build. It may work better.
The resolution he's playing in is too big. That's what happened in PC version of the game when playing in too high resolution. The maximum resolution that the textures support is around 1024x768.

nemmyz

I decided to switch to older build and I got RE:Remake working flawlessy(Sometimes no BGM, not sure if it supposed to be like that or not). At the moment I've played till countyard, there was something odd with the main hall camera angle where you see the candles close to screen, that is the only point so far where FPS drops down to 10 Confused. I'm using the settings on the first post and VBeam enabled, using the same build as on first post aswell.
Hi guys, there's a specific version of dolphin that can run resident evil remake without the audio problem, perfect like the wii version ? ^^

kurosag1

hmm whats the currently good build for resident evil remake for now ? it seems i have full speed on newest dolphin but buggy audio and on some older emu i got normal audio but game speed is like 15% slover (room with candles) is there any way to fix sound in newest doplhins ? (sry for bad english)

thanks in advance
Resident Evil REmake // Wii
the audio problems were present and very annoying in the 3.0 revision however for the stable 3.0 it does happen but rarely. about 4-5 times, the after a few seconds or a minute it goes away. I was able to finish the game.
(03-30-2012, 09:36 AM)tokaides Wrote: [ -> ]Resident Evil REmake // Wii
the audio problems were present and very annoying in the 3.0 revision however for the stable 3.0 it does happen but rarely. about 4-5 times, the after a few seconds or a minute it goes away. I was able to finish the game.

you mean that in the stable version, 3.0, audio problems are there but rearely ? For game cubeversion or wii ?The wii version is nearly perfect on my pc, but there are some action replay codes only available for the gamecube version that are very fun to have, so i want to play the gamecube version. ^^
and what is the old version that can run gamecube version without any audio problem ? Someone remember this old build ?

ZeraX

Hi all
i'm new here
i don't know if this mentioned before

but there's problem with Resident Evil Remake
the problem is with the savestates, sometimes they mess up the game, like preventing you from going into new rooms, or gives you a fixed/hanging image but with music on or even a crash!

i wonder if there's a solution or a patch to fix this

thank you
There ain't. Use "classical" in-game saves rather than savestates due to their unreliability
For those having issues with sound, use DSP LLE. It's pretty much perfect audio wise. If you do not have the ability to obtain your DSP LLE dumps, then I suggest using Xaudio2 with DSP HLE. It works much better than DSound, however Background Music still has problems. It fades in and out. But at least sound effects and voices work flawlessly.

As for the odd performance on the "candle" camera in the main lobby entrance to the Mansion, I used to get this a looong time ago and I found my solution was to disable "Idle Skipping" By disabling that I would get constant 100% performance in Resident Evil: Remake throughout the whole game.

Now today on the newest Dolphin 3.0 revisions (currently 587) I get 100% speed throughout even with Idle Skipping enabled. However using DSP LLE takes a huge toll on performance, and in some scenes I dip down to the 20's. This can be fixed by using DSP HLE which then in turn gives a huge performance boost at the cost of audio emulation accuracy. But if you don't have a powerful system (2500/2600k overclocked heavily) then you should probably just use HLE and enjoy good framerates.

ZeraX

So no solution for corrupting savestates ? Sad