Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Series - Official Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone recommend a good dolphin rev for RE0? I've had very good results with r6496 for both REmake and RE4, no crashes, very good speed overall (some slowdown in RE4 at the village exit but not a showstopper).

With RE0 it's a different story. Very unstable, either fifo error, or just a hang followed by exceptioninfo.txt file (yeah you know the one Smile ) Anyway I saw an r68xx commit (6837 maybe?) that said it fixed RE0, but was wondering if something more recent might be better.

Thanks for any recommendations!
depending on your cpu ..i recommend 6511(x64) with audio throttle on resident zero and remake work almost flawlessly with my hardware and os...
(02-07-2011, 11:26 AM)hyperspeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2011, 11:07 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]It's an issue with the Pal version apparently, disabling efb copies doesn't work for the pal version.
I have the NTSC-U and is working.(Disable EFB COPY)

Its too slow to run without EFB Copy. What are your settings?
I just noticed in Resident Evil CV. I had disabled EFB Copy. I was playing in window mode and clicked outside the window and came back everything was black. Did the same thing when in FS and clicked windows button. Screen was black just as the glitch is enabled with EFB Copy. I dont know if that would help the Devs on maybe finding a solution. By the way this is the NTSC version. Speed is 100% but fps are usually 15 to 20.
i played code veronica but it is missing music and audio effects (eft coby disabled on ntsc version/pal version did not work at all everything was black no matter if efb copy was on or off)ntsc works but no music ....i forgot set framerate to 30 and disable audio throttle it should work fine..
I noticed that contrary to the guide in the OP, RE4 gets texture corruption without Accurate Texture Cache enabled, fast is enough to fix it.
Guys, which is the best rev. for Code Veronica?
(02-08-2011, 10:23 PM)truti Wrote: [ -> ]i played code veronica but it is missing music and audio effects
DSPLLE fix that problem, but is slow.

(02-09-2011, 02:43 AM)Maryse Ouellet Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, which is the best rev. for Code Veronica?
The best thing is to wait for the devs fix the problems of graphic in this game.
(02-09-2011, 01:23 AM)kylebisme Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that contrary to the guide in the OP, RE4 gets texture corruption without Accurate Texture Cache enabled, fast is enough to fix it.

What texture corruptioned? I haven't noticed any, in which area do you see the corruption?
I saw it in the begining of the game, so I turned Accurate Texture Cache on and hadn't seen it since, but I turned it off just now to grab this shot for example sake:

[attachment=5392]

Everything looks fine at first, but after playing a bit some textures wind up with various colored squares on the corners like the green and red ones can be seen on the pedestal in the screenshot above.
(02-09-2011, 11:24 PM)kylebisme Wrote: [ -> ]I saw it in the begining of the game, so I turned Accurate Texture Cache on and hadn't seen it since, but I turned it off just now to grab this shot for example sake:

Everything looks fine at first, but after playing a bit some textures wind up with various colored squares on the corners like the green and red ones can be seen on the pedestal in the screenshot above.

huh, good enough. I updated the OP with this change.