Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Series - Official Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hydrar

(04-20-2010, 03:31 AM)ydemonhunter Wrote: [ -> ]How can I solve the problem with the Resident Evil remake?

"Backpatch - no support for operand size 2
error 82000000 ... "

any help?

RE zero is perfect in my PC.

and what the latest version of dolphin?
SVN 2.0 or 5382?

Yo i'm having the same problem, its only happening with the remake. it's killing me, I must've tried over a dozen different revisions and still nothing.

BackPatch - no support for operand size 2

Error encountered accessing emulated address 82000000
Culprit instruction:
movzx eax, word ptr ds:[rbx+rcx]
at 000000000b379056
(05-07-2010, 03:40 AM)zakhad Wrote: [ -> ]>>>Quote<<<
man your info is quite old already, Code Veronica for gamecube runs great with the settings from the first post of this thread,
>>>Quote<<<

I have tried that and I still get black screen with just character models :S

>>>Quote<<<
Also the latest nulldc emulator for dreamcast does not have the bugs you mentioned.
>>>Quote<<<

No graphics bug when u leave the airship? the underwater place? almost my entire screen goes werid same when steve retrieves the golden luggers.

What version are you refuring to please as this may solve my problem lol at least on dreamcast emulator (mine is nullDC_1.0.3_mmu well thats the executable)

Strange, I don't get black screens or other graphical glitches with Dolphin 5404 x64, as for NullDC - I'm running 1.0.3 and the bugs you mentioned are gone there.

hydrar

Ok success! with getting the game to run that is, gameplay and audio is perfect but I get this on my cutscenes. Any idea?

[Image: glitch.jpg]

potska

Hello all, please tell me magic what is needed to get good speed in RE remake, other rooms runs quite fine but main hall is laggy as 1-3 fps.

Q9300 2.5 GHz, 2GB ram.

UPDATE: Looks like Enable Idle Skipping is wrong thing to suggested as (speedup), it was a cause of this all lag horror and i switched option copy efb to gltexture, now it is normal.

zakhad

The emulator I am using is Dolphin x64 SVN Revision [color=#FF4500]5430[/color]

What version are you refuring to please as this may solve my problem lol at least on dreamcast emulator ([color=#FF4500]mine is nullDC_1.0.3_mmu[/color] well thats the executable)
[/quote]

only with revision 5404??? or is that a missread?

>>>Quote<<<
Strange, I don't get black screens or other graphical glitches with Dolphin 5404 x64, as for NullDC - I'm running 1.0.3 and the bugs you mentioned are gone there.
>>>Quote<<<

I'm using the same version

(Slightly offtopic)

Well im starting to wonder now if its nvdia drivers causing this cus awhile ago (few months) I was playing mech warrior 3 for the sure hell of boredum and i got a completly black screen but i was like (a few more months before that) that didnt happen last time (what have i done since? update nvdia drivers) anyone having these problems with the latest nivdia drivers or is it just for 9800gt?

I think I remember reading somewhere that Nvdia drivers changed somethin with openGL Dont quote me on that I dont remember exactly mmm... but anyways it shouldnt effect the direct3D9 verion :S

Just trying to narrow down the problem
Hi Guy i've a problem with Resident evil the umbrella Chronicles...When i run the game, sometimes the FPS in first time they are on 30 FPS but when there are some adrenalinic scenes,or when i Shot a zombi the FPS go down by 12 FPS for 2 second...more time in various time...i'm using Dolphin 2.0 final...and i checked all the request that are on PG1...who can help me?...sorry for the orrible english i'm italian Smile

vinztch

(05-14-2010, 12:15 AM)max_caos90 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guy i've a problem with Resident evil the umbrella Chronicles...When i run the game, sometimes the FPS in first time they are on 30 FPS but when there are some adrenalinic scenes,or when i Shot a zombi the FPS go down by 12 FPS for 2 second...more time in various time...i'm using Dolphin 2.0 final...and i checked all the request that are on PG1...who can help me?...sorry for the orrible english i'm italian Smile

Me too! Any Help?
Nobody can help us???

grif1020

Has anyone else had a crash in Resident Evil 4 in the castle segment here: http://i49.tinypic.com/116ja5h.jpg ?

Multiple revisions tested, 4xxx, 5xxx, 2.0 and it always seems to crash right at that part. Open-GL doesn't seem to make a difference either.
(05-19-2010, 10:07 AM)grif1020 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else had a crash in Resident Evil 4 in the castle segment here: http://i49.tinypic.com/116ja5h.jpg ?

Multiple revisions tested, 4xxx, 5xxx, 2.0 and it always seems to crash right at that part. Open-GL doesn't seem to make a difference either.

Yes, I have, on both the GC and Wii versions of the game, on multiple Dolphin revisions. The only way around this by playing, in order to activate the 2 switches, was to maneuver around the right platform, Ask ashley to wait on the other side, then ask her to follow you again until she stands on the right platform, then you can move to the left platform with Leon to activate the switch, hope that helps.

I recently got a new Phenom II to replace my Athlon II X2 250, this didn't seem to have any affect on the error, it stayed the same. Perhaps Dolphin or my GFX Card. Other than that I completed both versions of the game all the way to 100%. The most major problems were correctly functioning menu's, like moving back and forth from different menu screens, crashes all the time.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHZ
6 GB Ram
Ati Radeon HD 4670 series
Windows 7 Ultimate x64