Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Series - Official Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-25-2010, 02:31 AM)mans Wrote: [ -> ]I have a big problem with Resident Evil 4. The game freezes in a certain point every time. The exact location is a room in the castle (beginning part, a little bit after the second saving point and the prisoner fight), it is the one that has two yellow switches on the floor. To proceed in the game, I have to put Ashley on one of the switches and Leon on the other, but as soon as I go near the right switch the game freezes.
I have the Wii PAL version, any solutions? I'm using R6467.

I put Ashley in the switch from the right (without stepping on it with Leon) and Leon step on the left, ready.Tongue
If it does not work, use JITIL ok.Wink
JITIL worked fine, thanks!

having a freezing problem :o I won't be able to test it again for a while but it's when I first enter that church (you need the key to get in and it's in the area where you first see the chainsaw guy)

I'll try changing settings in a week when I get back to my computer.
I get occasional lag in Umbrella Chronicles. 95% of the time the performance is solid. Every once in a while there's heavy lag for a couple of seconds. It seems to take place when a new area is loaded; or as the camera pans or does a 180 something... You can see my system specs below. Anything I can do to improve this? I thought it might be the latency of my hard drives but I copied the rom to my RAID0 SSDs and got the same hiccups at the same parts. On a semi-related note I experience sometimes the same sort of spikes in Other M; when I first use the charge beam there's a noticeable lag, but only the first time; subsequent usages of the charge beam run smoothly. I'm thinking the underlying issue might be the same. Is this a limitation of the emulators current compatibility or something I can fix on my side?

It seems to be worse when I crank the settings up, but even when I turn the settings down to 480p and disable AA and AF it's still there.
Here is a question regarding the RE1, I got this game working fine in most areas, but there are areas where the fps is so low that makes me wanna quit, example: whenever I am in the mansion hall, the FPS dips to around 15fps, it seems this happens in places where there are lots of candle lights, is this supposed to be normal? or is there a fix? My emulator settings are exactly the same as the first post says, laptop specification is in my signature.
(11-28-2010, 10:00 PM)lidowxx Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a question regarding the RE1, I got this game working fine in most areas, but there are areas where the fps is so low that makes me wanna quit, example: whenever I am in the mansion hall, the FPS dips to around 15fps, it seems this happens in places where there are lots of candle lights, is this supposed to be normal? or is there a fix? My emulator settings are exactly the same as the first post says, laptop specification is in my signature.

Those settings are valid for the Wii version, you have to experiment yourself for the GC. Also make sure you are using a recent revision, currently the latest is r6494. If you still have a problem then its most probably your laptop - Dolphin usually does not like them Smile
Update: I got the game working fineBig Grin I was using the dolphin2.0 build, which was over 7 months old, my GPU was always at the lowest clock speed with this build. I downloaded the r6491 and tested the game again, it works like a charm!! Although I still got slow down in the mansion hall, but its around 25-28fps, totally playable, in most area, it's at full speed. The only thing that is bothering me now is random stuttering that happens often, it lasts like half a sec, not a big issue, but annoying, I guess it's crying for more CPU power.

Update 2: After fiddling with the emulator settings, I got it running at full speed even in the mansion hallBig Grin The stuttering problem still happens though.

dc_b4

Hello
I can't find any info on aspect ratio of RE remake

Just wondering if its screen aspect ratio 4:3 or 16:9?

Apologise if asked a silly question, im totally new to emulators.
(12-02-2010, 06:00 PM)dc_b4 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

Both GC and Wii versions of REmake are 4:3. If you play the Wii version in widescreen 16:9 mode it will letterbox it with black bars on the sides.
(12-02-2010, 06:00 PM)dc_b4 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

Hello! I am pretty new to dolphin tooSmileI think it's 4:3, I got black borders on the left/right screen when I was playing at 1600x900(16:9), but it disappears when I go to 1024x768(4:3).