Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Series - Official Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Xngears

I recently tried Darkside Chronicles, and everything runs almost perfectly with one glaring exception: shortly after I start firing my gun, half of the sound effects just vanish, including gun noises. It never comes back unless I restart the whole game.

Does anyone know a way I can fix this?

Commander Jaco

I need help with Code Veronica, When I start a new game the whole place is dark I can barely seen anything, even with the lighter equipped? Does anybody know whats wrong?
(09-23-2010, 07:53 PM)Commander Jaco Wrote: [ -> ]I need help with Code Veronica, When I start a new game the whole place is dark I can barely seen anything, even with the lighter equipped? Does anybody know whats wrong?

Did you check my initial post in this thread? There the config for RE:CV works nice with r6218.
Hey! I completed Resident Evil Disc 1 on a build by Xtreme2damax (the latest). When I try to switch the disc, I get the message "This disc is not the Resident Evil Game Disc 2 / Please insert the Resident Evil Game Disc 2". The build is by far the best in emulating Resident Evil, 100% speed, no sound problems, no errors when statesaving.

What's going on? Are some GC discs non-selfbootable or something like that (I had the same problem with RE C:V on DC)?

EDIT: I checked Disc 2 and it boots normally. Now I'm confused. I tried to load the save game (the last before the fight with Lisa) and the game told me to insert Disc 1. Again, the problem with switching occurred. Is it possible that some old build that boots Resident Evil games (for me ~r3000 works best) might read my save and that it will switch the disc?

SOLVED! I changed discs on Dolphin SVN R2966 just like earlier and the save from the build by Xtreme2damax worked.

Commander Jaco

(09-24-2010, 04:47 PM)zezoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2010, 07:53 PM)Commander Jaco Wrote: [ -> ]I need help with Code Veronica, When I start a new game the whole place is dark I can barely seen anything, even with the lighter equipped? Does anybody know whats wrong?

Did you check my initial post in this thread? There the config for RE:CV works nice with r6218.

I did try that, but I'm gonna try it again to be sure! Thanks for the reply!

Edit: Nope no luck, The whole place is still dark, like the textures don't load right, and I followed those settings on the first page
Those settings should work, I just don't think you guys are configuring the emulator correctly. It's the same issue across all versions so that means the workaround should work for all versions, works just fine with my NTSC-U version.

Back up your old settings in /User/Config and overwrite with the following:

[attachment=4375]

Then right click RE:CV on the game list, select properties and use the following settings:

[attachment=4376]

After that, the game should look normal now:

[attachment=4377]

If it still doesn't work I don't know what to tell you, maybe you are using a crappy integrated card or your drivers are responsible. It has always worked fine with my Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT.

Use the DX9 plugin, I have only pre-configured that plugin, if this works I'll update the configuration for the OGL and DX11 plugins later.

Commander Jaco

(09-25-2010, 08:08 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Those settings should work, I just don't think you guys are configuring the emulator corrects. It's the same issue across all versions so that means the workaround should work for all versions, works just fine with my NTSC-U version.

Then right click RE:CV on the game list, select properties and use the following settings:

If it still doesn't work I don't know what to tell you, maybe you are using a crappy integrated card or your drivers are responsible. It has always worked fine with my Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT.

Use the DX9 plugin, I have only pre-configured that plugin, if this works I'll update the configuration for the OGL and DX11 plugins later.

Ah I will try that, does it maybe have something to do with the fact that mine is PAL?

Edit: Tried it and it still won't work, I'll see if I can get the NTSC-U Version from a friend to test it, I'm not using integrated graphics, I'm running a HD4850 so I don't think that's the problem. Also do you maybe know if there is any fix for the weird sound in Resident Evil 3?
There is very little if anything that you/we can do about sound related bugs other than using the LLE plugin which most times ends up making things worse or breaks sound in a different way, not to mention using that plugin is slower than the HLE plugin and you would need the dsp_rom.bin and the dsp_coef.bin dumped from your Gamecube to use the LLE plugin.
(09-25-2010, 07:29 PM)Commander Jaco Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2010, 08:08 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Those settings should work, I just don't think you guys are configuring the emulator corrects. It's the same issue across all versions so that means the workaround should work for all versions, works just fine with my NTSC-U version.

Ah I will try that, does it maybe have something to do with the fact that mine is PAL?

Edit: Tried it and it still won't work, I'll see if I can get the NTSC-U Version from a friend to test it, I'm not using integrated graphics, I'm running a HD4850 so I don't think that's the problem. Also do you maybe know if there is any fix for the weird sound in Resident Evil 3?

NTSC-U/Pal/NTSC-J etc.. it shouldn't matter since it is technically the same issue. It must be your graphics card or drivers responsible then because disabling efb copy should work.

vagrant18

Sorry to bother, but im afraid that im having problems with the emulator because of my specs.
Can anyone tell me if it is enough to play RE1 and RE0?

AMD Athlon 7450 Dual Core 2.4
NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GS
2GB RAM DDR2

Should I be ok with these? Because not only the speed is avarage, but sometimes slowdowns happen periodically, even if there is nothing going on in the game. What could be the problem? I would appreciate it if someone helped me. Thanks.