Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Getting DSP dumps (required for DSP-LLE)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
shuffle2 Wrote:Dolphin's DSPSpy can be compiled with the ucode "dump_roms.ds" in order to dump the irom("rom") and drom("coef") memory regions.
Here is a dol which will dump the files to your sd card, ready to use with dolphin. Just place them in the /Sys/GC/ directory.

NOTE: only DSP LLE uses these files, and you SHOULD NOT expect DSP LLE to work even close to nicely at the moment.

You can run this file by renaming it to "boot.dol" and using bannerbomb, by using wiiload, or another method of your choice.
what does this do? it doesnt replace dsp emulation does it?
With the DSP and coef you can use the LLE sound plugin... I think it's even more bugged than the HLE plugin though.
btw, this is using dolphin's own dspspy. I just added a banner and meta.xml. The dumper in the above link looks just like dolphin's one because it's similar in file size. I'll try it out though. Hope it's not a malicious first post...
OMG this is the 666 thread here o.O

And I'm not really sure that you need the hombrew channel. You can use the BaNNerBoMb or the twilight hack to load it
the homebrew channel makes it easier.
The homebrew channel leaves traces , and that is a problem if you brick your wii :/

btw, does it modify any IOS ?
what? I wrote dump_roms.ds (the dsp ucode to dump roms with dspspy)
it dumps the irom and drom(coef)...

(08-29-2009, 02:31 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]However, the coef file is yet to be found.

also, the dumped file is 192bytes. What is needed is 8kb, so the dump is incorrect. This is made using the .dol file provided in each compile. I'm not sure why it won't work.

For now, this thread is fairly useless.

You must be doing it wrong
Please fix your build or remove the link, who knows wtf your code is doing.
Could someone upload a good build of the dspspy ( with all needed files)? Or just tell me how compile it Big Grin . Will I need the devkitPPC or something else ?

I will try it in a wii when I can
Thread edited, people can stop being clueless now, kthx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22