Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Getting DSP dumps (required for DSP-LLE)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(08-08-2011, 11:20 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Wait a minute...

THEY CAN REWRITE THE FREAKIN DSP; BUT AREN'T ABLE TO FIX THE HLE
I'm irritated.....

He he Big Grin :p
so I should just copy and paste the files right ? my sounds been getting choppy
Okay I think I understand how to dump the files but I want to make sure so I don't screw anything up.
1. Get the file from the first post.
2. Rename it boot.dol and put it in the apps folder on an SD card.
3. Load up the file through the homebrew channel (not quite sure where to go in the homebrew channel for this).
4. The files will then be extracted to the root of the SD card and afterwards I just transfer them to the correct folder on my pc.
(09-24-2011, 12:23 PM)Xuande Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I think I understand how to dump the files but I want to make sure so I don't screw anything up.
1. Get the file from the first post.
2. Rename it boot.dol and put it in the apps folder on an SD card.
3. Load up the file through the homebrew channel (not quite sure where to go in the homebrew channel for this).
4. The files will then be extracted to the root of the SD card and afterwards I just transfer them to the correct folder on my pc.

Basically, but keep in mind you need to make a specific folder in apps/ called DSP Dump or whatever and put the boot.dol in there. Also, once you open the homebrew channel you see an icon for it.
Okay I got it to load up in the homebrew channel and pressed a button to dump the files but I don't think it gave me the right files. Instead of the 2 files I need it gave me a dsp_dump0.bin file. Is there anything specific you need to do when the dumping program is up or is there something else I'm missing?

baddger

thx for your job
Hello, one doubt, are the DSPs of different Wiis different?

I think the wiimote sound, result of my dump, is delayed and cause much more lag in game than some people's that i have read around the forums.

Thx!
(08-30-2009, 05:43 AM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2009, 04:51 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]do you need the "dump_roms.ds" to dump the dsp rom ?, or is generated in the process ? o.O Because I only see the dol file in the zip

yes and no. the .ds files are the code which is sent to and run on the dsp. They are assembled by dolphin's dsptool and the resulting dsp code is included in the dspspy binary.

for example:
1. cd trunk\Source\DSPSpy
2. ..\..\Binary\x64\DSPTool.exe -h dsp_code util\dump_roms.ds
3. make
4. make run
does:
1. move to dspspy directory
2. use dsptool to compile the dsp asm to a c-style code blob
3. compile dspspy (dspspy #includes dsp_code.h)
4. `make run` just uses wiiload to send and run the .dol on your wii

you'll see dspspy's output screen, but it will have already dumped the files to the sd card. so you can just press home button and then get the files with ftpii or however you want.

It would be possible to explain a way a little more simplified? We have downloaded the DSPSpy but did not understand these procedures, my problem is with the game Medabots Infnity. The game works if the audio is in LLE but the Dolphin shows a message that is necessary to be used the DSPSpy. I am grateful for the attention.

~Poke~

Are new users not allowed to download files?

I just signed up to grab the .zip in the first post, I'm hoping it'll make the sound work on Rhythm Paradise Wii.

But the forums aren't allowing me to download it...

Does anyone have an alternate download link? Or do I have to go get 10 or 50 or however many posts before I can download it?
Nevermind, got it in Firefox.
I'm not sure what you people gain from having a forum that doesn't work in Chrome. Or, for that matter, no edit button.

But yeah, Firefox downloaded it so thanks, I guess.
(08-30-2009, 03:28 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]OMG this is the 666 thread here o.O

And I'm not really sure that you need the hombrew channel. You can use the BaNNerBoMb or the twilight hack to load it

Both those Hacks will not work with newer versions of the Wii, for Wii Version 4.3U you need to use LetterBomb & the Homebrew Channel which i have used and successfully dumped the two files needed from my Wii for the LLE to work i installed the Homebrew Channel via hackmii installer v0.8
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22