Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Getting DSP dumps (required for DSP-LLE)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(03-31-2012, 11:57 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]I found it confusing (actually my younger brother, who I put in charge of this and cleanrip, did) so what happened was many buttons were pushed until he got bored. It spat out the right files, though.

Yeah Big Grin you don't even need to do anything other than run it Big Grin it just auto dumps them to an SD card.
Can someone here explain what "Dumping" means exactly?

also I downloaded the file in the OP and also one posted a few pages back (dspy for GC), placed them both on the sys/gc folder but I still cant get the game running on LLE mode, it says it doesnt have the files to load or something like that.

Help for a noob? also expanding the info on the subject would really help a lot of people
Rather than replying in your earlier thread, I'll just do it here.

DSPSpy is a program that you can run on your Wii. It copies, e.g. "dumps" your DSP files. You can read the mini 3-step how-to on the Dolphin Wiki. As the page says, you need the Homebrew channel or some way to run DOL files.

Additionally, make sure to search around before making new topics too. Google or the forum search can make short work of any questions you might have. We just want to keep the number of redundant threads to a minimum. I'll leave the one you made open, given you might have further questions.

Hope you can get LLE working soon. Smile
I dont know if an admin can edit the first post of this thread to something more elaborate and noob friendly Sad
If anyone feels like creating a proper thread for this, I'll gladly unsticky this one and sticky the other one...
(04-28-2012, 07:05 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone feels like creating a proper thread for this, I'll gladly unsticky this one and sticky the other one...

Hmm...maybe tomorrow Big Grin, but idk, I tend to be lazy about these things Rolleyes, if I did would I bother explaining how to hack a wii Big Grin
I dont think that would be necessary Angel
Yeah, just point people to wiibrew or sth about softmodding a Wii. They're supposed to have hacked it for dumping their games anyway. The fact that probably 80% of our forum users are pirating hypocrites doesn't mean we should make life easy for those.

Fwiw, if anyone actually finishes writing up a new guide, notify me via PM Smile
(04-29-2012, 07:25 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, just point people to wiibrew or sth about softmodding a Wii. They're supposed to have hacked it for dumping their games anyway. The fact that probably 80% of our forum users are pirating hypocrites doesn't mean we should make life easy for those.

Fwiw, if anyone actually finishes writing up a new guide, notify me via PM Smile

Maybe we should keep our good secrets to ourselves and let them find out the hard way or write the guide in a way that is impossible for them to interpret.
(04-29-2012, 07:31 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2012, 07:25 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, just point people to wiibrew or sth about softmodding a Wii. They're supposed to have hacked it for dumping their games anyway. The fact that probably 80% of our forum users are pirating hypocrites doesn't mean we should make life easy for those.

Maybe we should keep our good secrets to ourselves and let them find out the hard way or write the guide in a way that is impossible for them to interpret.

I lol'd :Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22