Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Howto] Getting DSP dumps (required for DSP-LLE)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
There is no difference dumping from a Gamecube or a Wii, the dsp hardware in a Wii is essentially the same dsp hardware that is in a Gamecube.
(03-20-2011, 11:07 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]I think he means the /user/gc folder, that's where the files go once you dump them.

In any case you aren't supposed to find the files on a website, you are supposed to dump them from a homebrew enabled Wii/GC that you own using the file provided in the first post. The dsp rom and coefficient are copyrighted by Nintendo and are illegal to download or redistribute, dumping them from a Wii/GC that you own is the only legal method of obtaining a dsp dump.

yes I have a Wii. But i didnt know where to put the files on my HDD, now I know. I am not that good using SD cards and homebrew. Always afraid of bricking stuff.
(03-21-2011, 01:00 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]There is no difference dumping from a Gamecube or a Wii, the dsp hardware in a Wii is essentially the same dsp hardware that is in a Gamecube.

Thanks
the game drops MASSIVE fps with LLE on and sound skips, is this normal? What is better with LLE again?
Audio is better, yes it is a bit slower but it doesn't have the issues that HLE has. Using LLE will fix a ton of issues that only exist with HLE.

The only downside to using LLE is that it's slower and brief audio skips or pauses of silence when emulation isn't full speed. I'd take that over the sound issues, syncing issues and other issues HLE has any day. LLE is now the only audio core I use since it emulates the dsp hardware near perfect.

(03-21-2011, 07:54 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Audio is better, yes it is a bit slower but it doesn't have the issues that HLE has. Using LLE will fix a ton of issues that only exist with HLE.

The only downside to using LLE is that it's slower and brief audio skips or pauses of silence when emulation isn't full speed. I'd take that over the sound issues, syncing issues and other issues HLE has any day. LLE is now the only audio core I use since it emulates the dsp hardware near perfect.

using LLE on a separate core option doesnt work right?

It works, but there is hardly any performance gain. That's because with LLE the dsp thread is tightly synced with the cpu thread, instead of being run ahead of the cpu thread from what I understand.
Thanks for the guide!

@Xtreme2damax
You have a 2600k right? (remember reading a thread somewhere here about you saying how much faster LTP was compared to your old cpu, might have been another member though). Anyway, if it was you, how's the performance when using LLE? I'll be upgrading to a 2500k so I just want to know how much of an improvement I'll be seeing
I just have a Core i7 950 overclocked to 4 Ghz and yes it's much faster than my old Core2duo E8500.

substyle

I am trying to download this DSP rom so I can play past the first grand star in SMG2 (I think I need to switch to LLE to fix this?) but every time I click the link in the first post to download it logs me out from forums. anyone know whats going on?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22