Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-13-2021, 03:01 PM)MelvinSmiley Wrote: [ -> ]This game is not playable at all even with recommended settings and its status should be changed to ingame. What's the point of a compatibility list that tries to sugorcoat everything? I love Dolphin and it's a great emulator but unplayable games should not be listed as playable.

The star rating is there to represent if the game has outstanding bugs or other game progression issues. Are you experiencing problems similar to that, or are you having issues reaching fullspeed in a game know to have really high CPU and GPU requirements on your older i7-3820 system?
(03-14-2021, 12:50 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]The star rating is there to represent if the game has outstanding bugs or other game progression issues. Are you experiencing problems similar to that, or are you having issues reaching fullspeed in a game know to have really high CPU and GPU requirements on your older i7-3820 system?

Like many other people judging from entries on youtube and in forums I have this issue where the game works fine for 30 minutes or even an hour and then suddenly crashes. My System is a Ryzen 9 3900x + Geforce 1080.
Did you verify if your game ISO is a good dump? Right click the game in Dolphin's list > Properties > Verify Tab > Verify
(04-22-2021, 11:38 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Did you verify if your game ISO is a good dump? Right click the game in Dolphin's list > Properties > Verify Tab > Verify

I did, Dolphin tells me it's a good dump. Like I said, this seems to be a widespread problem, so in my opinion a 3 star rating would be more appropriate for this title.
(04-25-2021, 05:48 AM)MelvinSmiley Wrote: [ -> ]I did, Dolphin tells me it's a good dump. Like I said, this seems to be a widespread problem, so in my opinion a 3 star rating would be more appropriate for this title.

Did you try the latest dev build on single core? That should be stable.
I saw this game mentioned in the progress report stating that it hasn't been able to boot on development builds for a while. Strange, since there's been no problems on my end. However, I decided to boot it up today... only to find it completely crashes before getting ingame. Not an emulator crash, but a software crash, the game making that constant buzzing noise like it does on actual hardware when it crashes. It also seems to have not improved any performance-wise, actually it got worse.

Edit: managed to get ingame after several attempts and HOLY HECK where did the performance go? I used to get 40 FPS max, now I get something like 15-20 FPS max. No wonder it kept crashing. Also, some issues that are marked as fixed aren't fixed, such as purple screens during transitions (Ubershaders are said to fix this one but don't). Also there's a purple outline around ships now, no idea what's up with that. I really really really wish Dolphin had a Skipdraw feature.
(06-08-2021, 09:38 AM)RealReloadCoded Wrote: [ -> ]Also, some issues that are marked as fixed aren't fixed, such as purple screens during transitions (Ubershaders are said to fix this one but don't).

This issue is fixed by disabling Store XFB Copies to Texture Only.

(06-08-2021, 09:38 AM)RealReloadCoded Wrote: [ -> ]Also there's a purple outline around ships now, no idea what's up with that.

Okay, now that one sounds like a strange issue...
Disabling Store XFB Copies to Texture Only did the trick. I wish these games recognized the Progressive Scan option. When a real GameCube/Wii is using component cables, you get a menu asking if you want to use Progressive Scan, but Dolphin's option doesn't prompt this menu, which probably explains why the cutscenes keep going fullscreen.
(06-08-2021, 09:38 AM)RealReloadCoded Wrote: [ -> ]I saw this game mentioned in the progress report stating that it hasn't been able to boot on development builds for a while. Strange, since there's been no problems on my end. However, I decided to boot it up today... only to find it completely crashes before getting ingame. Not an emulator crash, but a software crash, the game making that constant buzzing noise like it does on actual hardware when it crashes. It also seems to have not improved any performance-wise, actually it got worse.

Edit: managed to get ingame after several attempts and HOLY HECK where did the performance go? I used to get 40 FPS max, now I get something like 15-20 FPS max. No wonder it kept crashing. Also, some issues that are marked as fixed aren't fixed, such as purple screens during transitions (Ubershaders are said to fix this one but don't). Also there's a purple outline around ships now, no idea what's up with that. I really really really wish Dolphin had a Skipdraw feature.

I am seeing this with 5.0-14355 too. I was able to get to relics of geonosis without crashes before the unknown opcode fix. With this problem corrected and dual core disabled, I managed to get to guns of durbrillion. The hang and buzzing noise happen right at the beginning, I can provide a save state if needed. Same happens at the beginning of defiance on dantooine.
With 5.0.15105 the issue appears to be gone. I will test further soon.