Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Updated my build link (Download) with a little hacky fix from delroth that makes HLE audio work in both Rogue Squadron games.
(01-06-2015, 03:22 PM)Fiora Wrote: [ -> ]Updated my build link (Download) with a little hacky fix from delroth that makes HLE audio work in both Rogue Squadron games.

Please make the overclocking/underclocking feature per game.
That would be very useful.
(01-06-2015, 03:22 PM)Fiora Wrote: [ -> ]Updated my build link (Download) with a little hacky fix from delroth that makes HLE audio work in both Rogue Squadron games.

Wow, this is great, i will test right away.

Edit: Yeah, whatever that hack did seems to have fixed all the problems with sound these games had, got to play them in pretty good speed now.

Heh, that downclocking is great. For the first time ever I can play Punch-Out! without dirty-ugly sound ^^
Sorry for the off-topic post, just wanted to thank Fiora Smile
(01-07-2015, 12:56 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]

Heh, that downclocking is great. For the first time ever I can play Punch-Out! without dirty-ugly sound ^^
Sorry for the off-topic post, just wanted to thank Fiora Smile

sorry for sounding dim but how does downclocking help? thought that would hurt performance rather than help? do explain.
(01-07-2015, 02:26 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]sorry for sounding dim but how does downclocking help? thought that would hurt performance rather than help? do explain.

Making the emulated CPU execute fewer instructions per second means the emulator has to do less work to run the game at full speed.
(01-06-2015, 08:42 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-06-2015, 08:29 AM)Fiora Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using downclocking to play this game with EFB2RAM and LLE on; putting the clock at 40% is enough that I can pretty much play at full VFPS on my Ivy Bridge 2.6Ghz.

Doesn't seem to work out for me, i still get frame drops with those settings even in the menus, do i need to restart the emulator for the underclocking to work?

(01-07-2015, 03:35 AM)magumagu Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2015, 02:26 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]sorry for sounding dim but how does downclocking help? thought that would hurt performance rather than help? do explain.

Making the emulated CPU execute fewer instructions per second means the emulator has to do less work to run the game at full speed.

thanks Smile
Thanks for the explanation as well. With the CPU underlocked to 72% it's an improvement, but my rig is still struggling for 90% on the first level. Also, with build 1833 the FMV bug from RS2 doesn't seem to be present here. I played the Death Star Rescue level, which starts with a movie clip, and that played ok.
I played co-op with the HLE build today suprised by how well it actually ran 35 - 60 FPS depending on what was going on.
I did download this updated build for Mac, but it crashes right away. The previous build worked fine though, just had the garbled audio.