Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chillig

Team,

I'm frustrated. Rebel Strike is running awesome, but for some reason on the beginning screen, I cannot select anything but "start". I've tried different controller settings (I'm using a Saitek controller), the keyboard, nothing works. I can't select options or even a save slot. When selecting missions I also cannot move left or right...just can play the Hoth mission over and over.

What am I doing wrong?

Craig
...you're playing on the demo chillig. Try dumping your actual disc.

chillig

(09-26-2016, 06:55 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]...you're playing on the demo chillig.  Try dumping your actual disc.

I am an idiot. Okay, got the USA version (I'm an American living in Germany). I can save my profile, now it is not letting me get any further than selecting the first mission without getting a pop up error message. I'll look at the Wiki and adjust accordingly, also will download the Europe version. WTF? 

Thanks for helping me out. 
(09-27-2016, 12:31 PM)chillig Wrote: [ -> ]I'll look at the Wiki and adjust accordingly, also will download the Europe version. WTF? 

WTF indeed... Downloading games is against the forum rules:

Quote:Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon. To prevent legal issues, you may not post links or refer to any kind of NAND, BIOS, ISO, game, or other copyrighted material that has been illegally obtained or shared. If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked. Stating that you've downloaded a game will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not. Asking where to find or download games will get you banned immediately. Providing where to download games will get you banned immediately. You must legally dump/rip your own games, NAND, BIOS, etc.
ROFL!
G'day.  Has someone updated the .ini for the Rebel Strike and Rogue Leader?  I ask because I just downloaded 5.0-920 and the sound was fine with HLE Audio selected. Smile

On a bad note however, now I get these errors pop up on Rebel Strike just after the dance scene and the Factor 5 logo explodes.

[attachment=15290]  [attachment=15291]

I tried disabling dual core and disabling panic handlers and still no joy.

Cheers.

5.0-922 still throws an error but makes it ingame, then hangs.
i'm getting a speed loss lately with the current builds, 80-90% and sometimes 50-60% on intro logos.

can someone test?

i downloaded the latest build and unpacked fresh and it still shows a speed drop. i also use ishiiruka and went back to 770 and it runs 100% again, anyone know what build 770 is based off of? so i can go back to a older master build too.

both rogue 2 & 3 are all laggy and crackly in the intro logos.

seems to be the master that's bugged, went back to build 5.0-540 and it was still laggy, went as far back to 5.0-240 and it was back to 100% in the intro logos.

others builds tested;

881, 915, 953

edit;

5.0-381 works fine
5.0-530 works fine, next build was 540 for windows
5.0-568 laggy intro

so concluding, something broke starting with build 540.

forgot to mention the ground in some missions like hoth is grey instead of white on the last few builds i tested.

tino seems to think it's because of recent memory management changes.
(10-04-2016, 11:42 AM)Mickequipe Wrote: [ -> ]G'day.  Has someone updated the .ini for the Rebel Strike and Rogue Leader?  I ask because I just downloaded 5.0-920 and the sound was fine with HLE Audio selected. Smile

Yes, the INIs for these games now force LLE recompiler. I'm less sure what's going on with the errors you're getting.

(10-04-2016, 06:07 PM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm getting a speed loss lately with the current builds, 80-90% and sometimes 50-60% on intro logos.

Yes, dynamic BAT lowers the performance in MMU-heavy games. This is a known effect.
so do i have to stick with 530 to play these with full speed?
well at least the targetting computer and pause screen seem to be fixed. I left the pause screen on for a while as well as keep using the targetting computer and it no longer freezes.