Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I barely got this speed in the newer builds so it will happen.
(02-06-2015, 07:05 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2015, 04:43 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]Challenge Accepted!!

My timing was better  Tongue, but nice video and fps! I wish i had it that constant, mine is chopping 35-60 fps on that map  Undecided

(02-06-2015, 05:19 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]So what happened between the A-Wing colliding and the executor crashing into the death star ?

Thats part of the movie return of the jedi battle of endor  Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW_hGOFukMQ

yeah i know, it just makes no sense how it collides with the ds2, one minute its far away from it and the next it's crashing into the surface.
the explosion is worse in the game now that i'm reminded by the clip..should've made it bigger to cover the rest of the ship just hanging there.

i think they should've just had the executor colliding with a star destroyer in the movie, that would've taken care of the plot hole. Tongue
Hi,
can you people please test my PR for regressions in RS3? PR2001 is supposed to make Castlevania 3 run faster, and hopefully some odd, simple games that run much slower than they are supposed to. But i noticed that it does its thing on RS3 as well. I did not see a change in performance in a quick test, but it was only a really quick test.

Test build for Windows:
https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-2001-d...est-x64.7z

I specifially want to know, if the performance becomes sluggish/rubber banding. (that's what happened in other games during development, before certain restrictions were added)
(02-08-2015, 05:18 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
can you people please test my PR for regressions in RS3? PR2001 is supposed to make Castlevania 3 run faster, and hopefully some odd, simple games that run much slower than they are supposed to. But i noticed that it does its thing on RS3 as well. I did not see a change in performance in a quick test, but it was only a really quick test.

Test build for Windows:
https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-2001-d...est-x64.7z

I specifially want to know, if the performance becomes sluggish/rubber banding. (that's what happened in other games during development, before certain restrictions were added)

Will test it now.

Edit: Tested it on 2 maps where i get 30-40 fps, results are the same. Nothing got improved on my side sadly. Will do some more tests later Big Grin
Ill do some tonight!
(02-08-2015, 05:21 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]Will test it now.

Edit: Tested it on 2 maps where i get 30-40 fps, results are the same. Nothing got improved on my side sadly. Will do some more tests later Big Grin

Thanks. Even if the fps are the same, there might be a regression. When PR2001 did allow multiple cache entries for everything, in New Super Mario Bros, Mario did get faster and and slower running in a straight line, the performance was rubber banding. (it's not affecting nsmb in any way anymore, at least not that i know of)

So, if you steer left/right, and the steering speed changes, or something similar, that's the regression i'm afraid of. I don't really thing this is happening, but i want to be sure that PR is not causing a regression, before it gets merged.
Well i cant see any difference, so you should be good to go i think Smile
(02-08-2015, 07:47 PM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]Well i cant see any difference, so you should be good to go i think Smile

Agreed Smile
Newest master build gave me some nice speedup!  Imperial transport part of the first level keeps 60 fps more frequently.

I get 30-45 fps with LLE on that map
I get 40-60 fps with HLE on that map

I wish someone can fix HLE for this game