Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Super Smash Bros. Melee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
System Specifications

--------------------
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3.40 Ghz
Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Graphics Processor: Nvidia GTX 1070

I've been having some issues with Super Smash Bros Melee using Dolphin 5.0 (current stable). A list of things that can happen include:

-Stutter or lag upon spawning items or characters
-Immense slowdown upon reaching the "Stage Clear" or "Game Clear" stages
-Stutter or lag when displaying certain graphical effects
-Stutter or lag when facing giant enemies in classic mode
-Frame dropping, or unresponsive inputs

Included with this post is a short video runthrough of Classic using Jigglypuff on Very Easy mode. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lskyEz6i...e=youtu.be

Please note the following:

0:47:  Major slowdown on Stage Clear screen (consistently happens)
1:44:  Major slowdown when spawning fighters
2:17:  Slowdown on item spawn
2:25:  I'm not good at snagging trophies
3:37:  Slowdown when K.O.ing Kirby Team enemies
5:28:  Game crashes

I'm also including screenshots of nearly every tab of the "Graphics" and "Config" menus within Dolphin 5.0. 

Advanced [Config:
Audio[Config:
Enhancements [Graphics:
Gamecube [Config:
General [Config:
Advanced [Graphics:
General [Graphics:
Hacks [Graphics:
Interface [Config:
Thank you.
Unless you are one of the 3 people in the world that owns a 5k screen, Try lowering the internal resolution first. Set it to one corresponding with your monitor's resolution. If you don't know just try 3x. Also uncheck disable fog and force texture filtering. Doesn't really harm performance but breaks some things in some games (mostly graphical).
Tried bumping down the resolution, disabling texture filtering and additional effects (such as per-pixel lighting), and disabled fog. The issue still occurs, unfortunately.

Retalak

Is there a way to add a 10 frame buffer for inputs like in Smash 4?
Just tested it and I can confirm Cyalume's post. I have the same problem here.

The FPS drops when a new item appears is most likely just the shader cache stutter which will fix itself over time, but anything higher than 2x native and the game drops frames on the "Stage Clear" screen (Not only there though), it cuts the FPS in half on both OpenGL and Direct3D11, Direct3D12 drops only 10, but still very annoying.

I tried an older version (4.0-7614) and it works perfectly there, outside of those small shader stutters of course.

Vicrowcrow

Is it really possible to use a keayboard as a gamecube controler ? i'm using dolphin 5.0 and when i press keys (in the game), smash do nothing, (even if i set every key to an input) (also i'm french so my english might be bad sorry)
Smashes are triggered by pushing the main stick very rapidly and press A at the same time. With a keyboard the stick can't be really pushed, it brutally changes values from 0 to extremes. So it might not work well, I never tried. You could use the C stick instead to trigger smashes, but not on solo modes.
Melee is a nightmare on keyboard for smashes,I can pull it off a couple times,but mostly it ends up nullified with dash attacks instead,but Brawl does smash attacks very well on keyboard while mapped to Gamecube input.
Maybe a feature should be added for inputs so it can dramatically shift to max instead of doing so instantly to simulate a real analog stick,for example,swiftly ramping up between 0-100% in an incremental stage done in milliseconds.
(hrm...maybe I should actually request that feature)

Now,I also noticed a Vulkan issue in at least Melee 1.2 via Shield TV Android OTA 3.2 on the recent Dolphin 1418 build.
Whispy on the Whispy's Woods (Melee) stage has balding issues on the middle of his head,it looks so silly.
I haven't tried OpenGL to see if it happens on it as well though.
Hey guys, having an issue with smahbros intro movie. I am seeing this weird tiling effect on it. Audio seems to be ok... not sure why it is happening. It also happens in F zero GX before the race starts. Any idea what might be causing it?

smikey

my controller does not work, i use a wii u gamecube adapter and i plugged my usbs in and everything (usbs do work) and it still doesnt work! i configured everything and i selected wii u gamecube adapter and i start up melee emulator and i click to start and nothing happened. Help!! Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26