Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DefenderX' ICC+OpenMP Dolphin Builds Windows+OS X [DISCONTINUED][UNOFFICIAL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
(03-30-2012, 08:13 AM)Spit-Nick Wrote: [ -> ]I tested the build with the 3.0-555 / FAVOR: Intel64 and is super fast, stable and very light, but has a few are problems:
1 - In KONAMI games on WiiWare (Castlevania, Contra) there is a problem with graphic letters.
2 - Sonic Unleashed is check "disable depth per pixel" is garbled graphics on background textures.
I'll test builds in Mamario, EmuCR and Master Lectrode to see if these errors also occur.
Thanks for your work!
EDIT: Reading the response Lectrode yet his build is very fast and stable, perhaps because of the /favor flag.

My main point is that right now these builds are labeled
Quote:Dolphin Builds by DefenderX with ICC optimizations + OpenMP
When they don't actually have any ICC optimizations.These builds
need to be properly labeled to avoid confusion.

It's a small thing, but important none the less.
Yeah, thanks Lectrode.

Today, i downloaded the trail version of the Intel C++ Composer (i'll maybe buy the version, if i have enough money) and i i have time, i'll rebuild all my builds with the REAL ICC optimizations.

Just wait some hours Wink
(03-30-2012, 08:26 AM)lamedude Wrote: [ -> ]In the quest for more optimizations TBB has an easy one. Its under 10.2.2 in the tutorial pdf but the tl;dr version is
Quote:Add the following parameters to the linker options for the .exe or .dll file that is loaded during application startup.
For 32-bit code (note the triple underscore):
tbbmalloc_proxy.lib /INCLUDE:"___TBB_malloc_proxy"
For 64-bit code (note the double underscore):
tbbmalloc_proxy.lib /INCLUDE:"__TBB_malloc_proxy"
Do that for the dolphin project then add a VC directory pointing to the tbb lib. ICC users can use the one comes with it everyone else can use the free one on the website. This will create on a dependency on tbbmalloc_proxy.dll (IIRC) so you'll probably need that in the dolphin dir.
I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if it makes a difference.

tbb is a memory allocator and I doubt it'd have any impact on dolphin's performance. I imagine it's useful in huge, scalable, multithreaded envirionements such as MMO servers.(iirc a wow emulator used to use it)
TBB is not a memory allocator, it's a threading library from Intel used to easily schedule tasks on N computation threads while handling dependencies and all that good stuff.
Hey folks,

i've some problems with ICC so the reuploading of my builds is cancelled (for now). Maybe tomorrow Wink

Edit: I crashed my VS :/ I have to install everything new.
Edit2: Everything is working (YAY Big Grin).
*UPDATE*

So, finally i managed to compile my builds with the Intel C++ Composer. All my ICC builds now contain OpenMP + SSE4.2, SSE4.1, SSSE3, SSE3 and AVX support. Short: All my builds have now REAL ICC optimizations.

Click here to download ICC optimized builds!
Click here to download normal builds!

Have fun and happy testing Smile
*UPDATE*

New builds ready for download (regular builds):
* Dolphin 3.0-583 x86
* Dolphin 3.0-583 x64

Click here

Edit: Dolphin 3.0-583 /favor:INTEL64 + /O3 build up! -> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pnzwliquqd2flil Pls test it.
Hi,could you please give me a brief explanation as to what the ICC and Favor/O3 builds actually are,I know there optimised for certain cpu's but other than that I dont realy know what they do different to the standard builds,Thanks.
ICC builds are compiled with different instructions, like SSE4.2, SSE4.1 or SSSE3. My ICC builds contain all of these instructions plus OpenMP support. The advantage of these instructions: more speed Wink My ICC builds are for AMD- and Intel CPUs.

And the /favor:INTEL64 + /O3 build is only for Intel CPUs on x64 basis.
You know, you might think about not exaggerating that much. SSE optimizations can be enabled in Visual Studio as well (so can OpenMP). Basically, everything you mentioned doesn't have anything with ICC to do at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41